Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord accept hap

Options
  • 30-05-2018 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi could anyone give me advice found landlord that accepts hap the council pays every month at the end . But landlord still wants me to pay his rent on14th of every month at the start of tenancy it was 14tg of every month he said if I don't do that he won't accept it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

All tenancies require that rent be paid in advance every month, even if HAP is accepted by the LL, he will still require the rent be paid in advance.

So, what you need to do is pay 6 weeks rent yourself out of your own pocket. Two weeks to bring you from 14th to end of month and the first month in advance. When HAP payment is made at end of first month, Landlord accepts this as payment in advance of second month.

Just in case a few posters come on here telling you LL has to accept rent payment in arrears at the end of each month, they are wrong. HAP is a subsidy for you, the council has no contract with the LL. If the tenancy agreement requires rent to be paid in advance, then you have to make arrangements for that to be done or you will breach your agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 toyota2005

Even though he said he accept hap he said council pays at the end of the month but he still wants me to pay at the start he give me bk the money at the end of the month when council pays in his account because he don't want to agree to the terms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Is it hard to get a house in your area, because it seems all over the country there is a real problem with finding a house, and then finding a landlord that will accept the council payment has to be striking gold, not every one wants to be signed to council

• Registered Users Posts: 3 toyota2005

I just got lucky I suppose luckily he was already eaacepting hap with previous tenants. Not much houses in this area as it's small village.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

toyota2005 wrote: »
    I just got lucky I suppose luckily he was already eaacepting hap with previous tenants. Not much houses in this area as it's small village.

I'd say just pay it it sounds flair to me I know it's a lot of money but it'll be worth it. Hap landlords are like gold dust and he needs to cover himself too as so many landlords have been let down by the scheme

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

toyota2005 wrote: »
    Even though he said he accept hap he said council pays at the end of the month but he still wants me to pay at the start he give me bk the money at the end of the month when council pays in his account because he don't want to agree to the terms

All tenancies are rent-in-advance.
    HAP- is rent in arrears.
    You will have to pay the first month of the rent upfront yourself (along with the deposit)- by whatever means necessary.
    A landlord is obliged to accept HAP.
    He/she is not obliged to accept rent paid in arrears.
    You may argue that this is a contradiction in terms- hell, it certainly is- but thats the nature of HAP.

Advertisement