Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

well pump

• 31-05-2018 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

vessel of my well pump is gone(holes in it), any cheap ways of getting water out from a well folks, apart from bucket! :-) for my animals...farm

any ideas....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The pressure vessel or the pump housing?

If pressure vessel just blank off the vessel from the pump and the pump will work off the pressure switch but it will cut in and out too often to leave it operating unattended.

That's the pressure vessel, there's an airbag inside it to allow the pressure to build up and release as the pump cuts in and out when a tap is opened or ballcock opens in a trough.

Isolate the vessel by blanking the hose or closing the valve between the pump and the vessel, the pump will still work but don't leave it running unattended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

ok.. will it still fill the drinkers for me?? what if I left it on... burn out?? anyway fixing that pressure vessel(say whole lot is 40+ years old) think can locate a vessel.. looks tough job to mend.. re take apart-well wedged in a small pump house like.. u have to look down into it-get my drift!

A new vessel is the only permanent fix but the pump will run fine without it.

The pressure vessel prolongs pump life by extending intervals between pump running.

The pump will cut in and out more often. But it's probably doing that anyway with the leaking vessel.

With the vessel isolated, turn power on for an hour in the morning and again in the evening and check drinkers during the day.

Don't leave power on overnight until permanently fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

ah ok--only get checking stock morning + evening! thanks for advise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Any pressure vessel will work

If you can’t find an exact replacement just plumb in a standard pressure vessel and the pressure switch into the line leaving the pump and then onto the line going out of the pump house.

Advertisement