Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 hour ban Galway City forum

Options
  • 31-05-2018 9:29am

Hey again,

so recently a mod took issue with a post I made in the Galway City forum, the post in question was:

Not seen the mental patient with the speed gun and his notebook around of late. Used always see home shouting at traffic and telling drivers he was going to get them arrested

For some reason the mod Biko felt that this post was uncivil and deserved a 24 hour ban. Nowhere in the thread did I attack a poster, insult anyone or be uncivil.

I messaged the Mod in question and their reply was

Hi Darko
    Feel free to start a case in this forum
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

so clearly they have no interest in discussing this.

PM sent to mod:
    Originally Posted by Darko
    I'm sorry but how in the hell does that deserve a ban, that is a step too far. I was not uncivil to anyone, ffs a lot worse is said directly to other users on a daily basis.

If you don't know who I am referring to then you must not know a lot about galway, the person in question has his own speed gun and is often seen Newcatle and bridge side taking speed readings, walking into traffic to slow cars down, attacking cars and screaming. The lad in question is a mentaller.

I want this ban looked at and removed, my post did not attack anyone nor did I name anyone, hell I have seen you yourself say far worst things about people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sorry for the delay. I've given the CMods a nudge.

The Region CMods are tied up so I shall look into this for you.

Hi Darko.

I've taken a look at this & see no reason to overturn the 1 day ban. You made a quite derogatory comment about an easily identifiable individual. There has been a clamp-down across the Region forums about making comments about individuals, especially when those comments relate to their perceived mental state.

There could have been a case for this being a card rather than a ban. However, I feel that the 1 day ban was appropriate in that it sends a clear message that such comments are not acceptable in the forums.

Ban upheld.

tHB

So why is it acceptable to say such things on other forums on boards? the mod in question has made similiar types of comments on other forums, is it a case that a mod can say it and get away with it or a case that it's acceptable to make such a comment on after hours but not on a regional forum?

Mods are held to the same standards as all site members, & their posts are actioned if a mod sees that they do not meet site/forum standards. Region forums are community based & a higher standard of posting is expected than in some of the more laid-back Social forums. Read the charters, eh?

We are not here to discuss the actions of others. And a defence of "But he did it too" is not acceptable. So if you see a post that crosses a line - report it. Do not emulate it.

Closed.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement