Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylormade replacement shaft

Options
  • 31-05-2018 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭

The other day I broke my Speedblade gap wedge. Just hit a ball and the head came off and got a fairly decent 40 yards out of it. :o

It's about three years old and out of warranty. No rust or anything that could have weakened the shaft, but I'd really like to get an original replacement shaft for it. It broke off inside the hosel.

Has anyone got experience of sending clubs back to Taylormade for repairs like this? Or getting replacement original shafts? I really don't want to change to a different shaft, I have 4-LW in those irons and I really like them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

This happened to my 7 Iron a few years back when I was taking on a shot near a tree. I got a shaft replaced down in Halpenny in Lucan. The guys in Halpenny had to pull a shaft from a demo 7 iron in the store. It was a stepped shaft in the RocketBaldez model.

Worth a shot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mikepajero182

Funny enough my rbzbladez tour irons started snapping at bottom of shaft last year. Got two replaced in local pro shop but when two more broke this year I bought a set of titleist. Were yours the kbs shaft too?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Funny enough my rbzbladez tour irons started snapping at bottom of shaft last year. Got two replaced in local pro shop but when two more broke this year I bought a set of titleist. Were yours the kbs shaft too?
    I think so. Golfworks list them as being made by FST who make KBS shafts, so I would assume that's what they are. The one that broke is a 'wedge flex' which TM say is a 105g shaft as opposed to the 85g that's fitted to the non-wedge irons.

I have these irons for almost four years, so I can't complain. But I really like them and if I can get the right shaft fitted I don't see why they couldn't last a few more years. Just not easy to find a replacement shaft.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

I have the same Speedblade irons but upgraded the shafts of 4 to PW (nippon 950) after a session in foregolf.

My gap wedge has a regular Taylormade shaft while the sand wedge is wedge flex. In my view there is no noticeable difference between them and I don’t think you need be concerned about the gap wedge having a different shaft to the main set.

Most golfers wouldn’t have a matching gap wedge anyway.

I have the set of regular steel shafts still if you want to buy spares!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

searay wrote: »
    I have the same Speedblade irons but upgraded the shafts of 4 to PW (nippon 950) after a session in foregolf.

My gap wedge has a regular Taylormade shaft while the sand wedge is wedge flex. In my view there is no noticeable difference between them and I don’t think you need be concerned about the gap wedge having a different shaft to the main set.

Most golfers wouldn’t have a matching gap wedge anyway.

I have the set of regular steel shafts still if you want to buy spares!
    Yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with the regular flex shaft in the gap wedge. Afaik, the PW and AW have the same length shafts, so I'd be interested in your old one if you still have it.

Thanks a million for the response. This is what makes boards.ie so special :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement