Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any World Cup big screen zone in the city?

Options
  • 31-05-2018 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Obviously Ireland aren't playing and the buzz/interest won't be as great but it'd be nice to watch the big games outside in the fresh air (and hopefully under the sun) on a massive screen. Anyone know if there's a plan for one of these in the city somewhere?

Probably have to settle for one of the big pubs with a beer garden if not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd say youre best bet is the courtyard at sober lane.

I think Reardens had a big screen up for the Euros to on the small lane next to their pub that had seating available.

I'd say keep an eye out on social media but those are probably your two best chances of watching matches outdoor, weather depending of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Deep South would have the space to facilitate something too I'd imagine.

Ah yes, Deep south, theyve a good few screens in their beer garden as it is and a big projector screen inside.

Could easily do an outside BBQ/Big screen event if they wished.

I reckon if Ireland were in it, everyone with space would be doing a big screen/big garden style events.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 heyitsfranklin

During good weather, Rising Sons Brewery sets out two TVs at the entrance. I don't know how big of a screen you're looking for but I'd say they're both 50 inch TVs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

During good weather, Rising Sons Brewery sets out two TVs at the entrance. I don't know how big of a screen you're looking for but I'd say they're both 50 inch TVs.

2 outside tvs and 6 seats for them different class

Advertisement