Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a limit on my visa debit card?

Options
  • 31-05-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I’m looking to purchase a car in the UK this weekend, I’m just wondering is there a limit on the amount that can be spent in one transaction on a visa debit? Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Fin15 wrote: »
    I’m looking to purchase a car in the UK this weekend, I’m just wondering is there a limit on the amount that can be spent in one transaction on a visa debit? Thank you

Hi Fin15

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

No there's no limit on the Visa Debit Card for purchases, you can use up to the available funds in your account.

It might be best to check also with the retailer to see if they have any limits set on their side with the card type.

Any further questions please feel free to get back in touch.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fin15

Hi Alison, that’s great news thank you!

Hi Fin15

You're very welcome.  Happy driving :) !

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fin15

Hi Fin15

You're very welcome.  Happy driving :) !

Alison

Hi. Is this the same case for a bank transfer through the app whilst I’m in the UK? Thank you

Hi Fin15 ,

A bank transfer would be different.

You can transfer Euro using BOI365 Online /App if you transfer on a banking day before our cut off time for payments of 3.30PM it will take 1 business day for the payment to reach the UK account.

If you transfer the payment in Stg (international) it can take 3-5 business days to reach the UK bank account.

Hope the information helps, any further queries please get in touch again,

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 jagrace

I felt i had to post a reply here after the appaling treatment i have recieved recently from Bank of Ireland. It was purchaing a car from England and almost lost the sale of it because of them. They never informed me that the daily limit for a transfer is 10K when the account is verified by pin but 20K if posted out. Work that one out???? Then they failed to tell me and i did ask a few days before i traveled that there transaction times are from 3:30 to 3:30 the next day. Not a daily limit as i was told. I was with the seller the next morning and tried to transfer the remaining money owed to him. NOT a hope blocked. Called the Bank and they might was well have told me to go and *(&^ myself. Then to cap it all after making each step of the process as complicated as they could with MY money they charged me 500 euro more than any online currency exchage site would have. An 500 euro extra by the way absolute gangsters. I am currently in the process of moving my current acc, savings acc, credit card and mortage protection which are all with this bank for the last 20 years. My mortage would be moving too except i am on a tracker with them !!! Customer loyalty is non existant with this bank. Leave now before they screw you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

jagrace wrote: »
    I felt i had to post a reply here after the appaling treatment i have recieved recently from Bank of Ireland. It was purchaing a car from England and almost lost the sale of it because of them. They never informed me that the daily limit for a transfer is 10K when the account is verified by pin but 20K if posted out. Work that one out???? Then they failed to tell me and i did ask a few days before i traveled that there transaction times are from 3:30 to 3:30 the next day. Not a daily limit as i was told. I was with the seller the next morning and tried to transfer the remaining money owed to him. NOT a hope blocked. Called the Bank and they might was well have told me to go and *(&^ myself. Then to cap it all after making each step of the process as complicated as they could with MY money they charged me 500 euro more than any online currency exchage site would have. An 500 euro extra by the way absolute gangsters. I am currently in the process of moving my current acc, savings acc, credit card and mortage protection which are all with this bank for the last 20 years. My mortage would be moving too except i am on a tracker with them !!! Customer loyalty is non existant with this bank. Leave now before they screw you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jagrace,

Thanks for getting in touch and for your feedback.
    Very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused, Can I ask if you were in touch with a customer adviser that informed you that there was no limit as I can confirm that our cut off point each working day would be 3:30PM for 365 online transfers and that the daily limits would be €10,000 for receiving the activation codes by text and €20,000 when receiving by post. These limits would be given when first setting up any payee through your 365 online profile. Can I also ask what the €500 charge was that you referred to in your message as there shouldn't be any charge for making a transfer through your 365 online profile to a UK account. Also just for future reference if you were purchasing the car from a dealership you may be able to make the payment using your Visa Debit card as there wouldn't be a daily limit on transactions done with the card directly with a retailer.

Thanks again,
    Darren

Advertisement