Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian head massage - beautician had long nails

Options
  • 31-05-2018 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Went for an Indian Head massage today - my usual salon sadly closed and went to a new place and was greeted by beautician with long nails. When I mentioned that I was nervous of her nails, she assured me that she would use the tips of her fingers so as not to scrape me. Only that does not make for a proper massage as IHM involves vigourous manipulation of the scalp. Basically she rubbed my head as if washing it and charged 40euro. I didnt want to make a fuss as the place was jammers so I left. Annoyed now. Anyone have similar experience with long nails in beauty salons when you are getting massage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kato74

1st world problems hey

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I personally wouldn’t want to see long nails on a masseuse. Too much potential for an accidental scrape etc, plus a hygiene factor.

You really should have complained at the times. It’s hard to complain now since you had the massage and paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

dudara wrote: »
    I personally wouldn’t want to see long nails on a masseuse. Too much potential for an accidental scrape etc, plus a hygiene factor.

You really should have complained at the times. It’s hard to complain now since you had the massage and paid.

Thanks Dudara.

Yeah, too late now to complain. I suppose I was wondering if it was reasonable to expect that the masseuse should have short nails....her nails were fabulous but really she wasn't able to do anything remotely resembling IHM while she tried not to scrape.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I would have stopped it immediately and asked for a different person.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement