Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error in the registration

Options
  • 31-05-2018 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello . Yesterday night I tried to set a new account for elec/gas since I am moving on Saturday in a new apartment . I only find out at the end of the process that I did a switch instead of set up a new one . In the panic of the moment I also did another new set up . So I did both a switch and a new one . How s that going to be processed ? I spoke with an operator that reassure me that only one thing will be considered, that all the details are ok and as per procedure I will receive the account details in say the next weeks. Still I am kinda anxious about something will screw..
    Also , I know that the house have all the connection , so Ilan i going to have elec and gas already working ? Sorry but kinda new here it’s the first time I have an own apartment ...
    Thanks

Alessio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Alessio,

Thank you for getting in touch. A duplicate registration is not a problem, we just need to clarify some other items first though:

A property's electricity and gas supply will only be disconnected if the property has been vacant for some time. If the supplies are switched off when the customer is moving in, the customer needs to request a reconnection in addition to their registration application. This reconnection request goes to either the billing company or ESB Networks/Gas Networks Ireland, depending on how long the property has been disconnected for. The property owner, property company or vendor are the people to check with whether the electricity and gas are on.

Also, we must advise that a registration is generally only processed on or after the date the customer moves in, as a meter-reading needs to be taken on the same day that the customer moves into the property, to ensure that they are only billed from that point onwards. Were you given a meter-reading for your registration last night? If there is usage between that meter-reading and the reading on the date you move in, you will be billed for usage before you moved in.

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alexj_89

Hello and thanks for your reply . Yeah I actually provided the gas/ elec meter reading up to yesterday ( there is no one actually leaving there , the last tenants left two days ago).
    Also When I spoke at the phone with your customer helper he told me that actually everything should be connected and working . I was wndering that because everything is new here for me , so I didn’t know that once I start the account I already had the services ( since they are connected ).You think that it’s allright so , I don’t really need to do anything else except wait for the account ?

Thank you again

Hi Alessio,

Thanks for your post. We just need to advise that you will be billed for the daily standing charges from when you registered until Saturday. If you are agreeable to this however, it is just a minimal charge.

As the property was occupied until two days ago, it is unlikely that the electricity and gas are switched off, as the property would have to be vacant for much longer than that to be disconnected.

In terms of your own registration, if the property is currently registered with another electricity provider as per the previous occupant, a switch would be necessary.

If the property is currently registered with Electric Ireland, the standard registration will be processed (even if the customer selected "Switch").

The first application that came in from you will be processed. When the second one is seen, the agent will see that you have already been registered recently. Just to note: it is highly unlikely, but if the agent processes your second application in error, this will close the account already created (generating a very short-term closing bill) but it will open a new account immediately and you will just continue to be billed from the second registration. However, as advised, this is highly unlikely (the system might not even accept it anyway).

If you would like us to check the progress for you here on Social Media, certainly send us a private message when you wish, and we will respond as soon as possible. In the message, please confirm the property's electricity meter point reference number (MPRN) or GPRN for gas, the address, state that you are the account-holder, and confirm your full name (if you do not have the MPRN/GPRN, please confirm your telephone number instead).

We are here until 6pm this evening and tomorrow. We will then return on Tuesday.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alexj_89

And if the property wasn’t register with you or any companies after the last tenants left ? It count as the first option ?
    Anyway you answered almost all my doubt , I am very greatfull!

Thank you

Hi Alessio,

Thanks for your post.

You are most welcome - we're happy to help as much as possible, and we are very glad to read that you are pleased with our assistance! :)

When a property is vacated, the energy provider remains the same until either the next occupant switches to another provider, or until the supply is disconnected due to nobody new registering for some time (usually a matter of weeks).

If the new occupant is registering with the same energy provider as the previous occupant, even if they select the switch option, the agent processing it will see that it is not a switch and they will just carry out a standard registration.

We hope that this answers everything for you, however keep asking questions if you need to!

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement