If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 49SJ800V

Options
  • 31-05-2018 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭

Finally in the market for a 4K set and after looking through some cheaper Samsungs, I came across this LG and liked the look of it. Compared to the Samsung 49MU6400 which I was previously considering, it looks to be better in almost every way (please correct me if I’m wrong there). Just wondering if it’s an advisable purchase or is there another set I should be looking at which does more the same price? It’s also a little bit over my budget so I was wondering if that’s the best price you can offer on it?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

martyos121 wrote: »
    Finally in the market for a 4K set and after looking through some cheaper Samsungs, I came across this LG and liked the look of it. Compared to the Samsung 49MU6400 which I was previously considering, it looks to be better in almost every way (please correct me if I’m wrong there). Just wondering if it’s an advisable purchase or is there another set I should be looking at which does more the same price? It’s also a little bit over my budget so I was wondering if that’s the best price you can offer on it?
    Hi Martyos121.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately the LG 49SJ800 has now finished and the only one we have left is our display one.
    I could offer this one for £479 + £6.99 shipping or 559.00 Euro inc shipping. Including our 6 year guarantee free of charge also. 
    Its boxed as new in its original box with all accessories.

The SJ800 would be a better screen than the 49MU6400 

There is also the Sony 49XE8004 priced at £599 but its more expensive again.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202480-bravia-kd49xe8004.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s unfortunate it’s only a display model that’s left, I’d be very hesitant to go for one even with that guarantee to be honest. How’s the Sony you mentioned compared to the LG? What I’m really after is low input lag for 4K HDR gaming but also a great picture for 4K movies and general use. Not bothered about smart features as my PS4 does most of that for me. Thanks.

That’s unfortunate it’s only a display model that’s left, I’d be very hesitant to go for one even with that guarantee to be honest. How’s the Sony you mentioned compared to the LG? What I’m really after is low input lag for 4K HDR gaming but also a great picture for 4K movies and general use. Not bothered about smart features as my PS4 does most of that for me. Thanks.
    Hey Martyos121.

In my opinion the Sony performs better than the 49SJ800 and is a nice television for the money.
    Sony's Triluminos technology on this set it apart for others at the same price point.

I don't know the input lag on the Sony unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Thanks for the input Kenny. Unfortunately I can’t quite stretch far enough to meet the price right now so I’m going to put this on the back burner for the minute and see what deals come up over the summer. I’m sure something will come up eventually that ticks all the boxes.

Thanks for the input Kenny. Unfortunately I can’t quite stretch far enough to meet the price right now so I’m going to put this on the back burner for the minute and see what deals come up over the summer. I’m sure something will come up eventually that ticks all the boxes.
    Hey Martyos121.

No problem at all.

Keep your eye out and if you see anything let me know.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.