Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving money before activating debit card

Options
  • 31-05-2018 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I activated my account on 25/05/18 by calling up the number as instructed. I even set up the 365 online and mobile app. I have provided the account number to my employer to credit my salary, which they will in a day or two. 
    However, I am still waiting to receive my debit card. In such a scenario, can I still at least receive funds into my account. I understand that I will be able to use those funds only after I have activated my debit card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi abhishek8720

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Yes funds will still credit the account for you.

You can take funds from the account with photo ID in our Branches, just check the cashier services here https://www.bankofireland.com/branch-locator/  within the Branch before you visit.

Direct debits can also be taken through the account details and you can transfer funds online if you wish.

The card should be received 5-7 business days after the opening of the account.

Any further questions please feel free to get back in touch.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement