Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Jobs and Annual Leave

Options
  • 31-05-2018 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I handed in my 2 weeks notice at my old job on the 26th of May which means that I would have to work until the 8th of June, but the start date at my new job is set to the 4th of June. I was wondering that if I don't come in to my old job since the 4th will I still be entitled to the 24 days of annual leave I have? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

dadis wrote: »
    Hi,

I handed in my 2 weeks notice at my old job on the 26th of May which means that I would have to work until the 8th of June, but the start date at my new job is set to the 4th of June. I was wondering that if I don't come in to my old job since the 4th will I still be entitled to the 24 days of annual leave I have? Thanks.

You will only get the pro rata amount of holidays your due. If your holiday year is 1st of Jan to 31st of December, you'll be entitled 5 months of annual leave which is roughly 10. Speak to your manager, ask can you use 4 days holidays and leave on good terms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Your leave is earned for the months worked so it will depend on when the 'holiday year' of your company commenced and how many days you were allowed/taken.

Based on your question you have 24 days for a full year

if holiday year is Jan-Dec and leave on 4th June (whether you can leave 4 days early is another discussion) you will only be entitled to holiday days earned until 4th June less any days already taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

dadis wrote: »
    Hi,

Talk to your manager about this.

Advertisement