Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ World Cup 2018 Coverage

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Spain v Morocco on Rte News Now dropped off air at 35 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

icdg wrote: »

There's gonna be murder over this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

icdg wrote: »

Not even a message onscreen saying technical difficulties

Came back at half time with what I presume is the world feed, just a montage set to music.

Edit: it is the world feed, Ger Canning replaced by the world feed commentator and scorebar gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Quality was awful - switched to BBC 4 hd instead

I see BBC is showing a game on iplayer tomorrow rather than BBC 4

• Advertisement

No, they’ve got Iceland v Croatia at 7pm on BBC Four (Argentina v Nigeria on BBC One).

On Wednesday they have the early slot, so South Korea v Germany on BBC One. They can’t use BBC Four during the day but Mexico v Sweden will be on BBC Two.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

lertsnim wrote: »
    For the score and clock most broadcasters are going for similar to RTE. BBC and ITV always do their own thing.

One problem is that countries are playing in strips that are unfamiliar and no clue given by the graphic. At least the BBC graphic shows the colours of the team. How is the viewer to know whether it is Egypt or Iran in green?

It’s an interesting one. As we found out last night, no scorebar is included in the world feed. Nonetheless it appears that there is a “suggested” design that most broadcasters are following but not BBC or ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

How is the viewer to know whether it is Egypt or Iran in green?

Most will figure it out quickly though I do like the colours being on the score graphic myself and there is a small strip beside the countries where they could have implemented it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Noticed something while watching the coverage after the Russia/Croatia game. It looked like the replays were in SD, is that normal I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yes. Videos for analysis are always SD.

Incidentally, whether or not Ger Canning was doing commentary off tube earlier in the tournament, he was definitely in Russia on Friday...

Advertisement