Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet seats: Who Pays?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My toilet seat broke there a while ago, jeasus I would not have the nerve to ask the landlord to replace it ffs. I went to the shop and paid €25 for one of those 'soft close' ones. It's the business.

Op just buy a new seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

61 posts about a toilet seat!! Just change it op. It's a 5 mins job

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

61 posts about a toilet seat!! Just change it op. It's a 5 mins job

My thoughts exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Catlady76

Brae100 wrote: »
    That's not possible with vulture fund corporate landlords. They will put children out on the street without a second thought, as I very nearly found out last year. With previous rentals with private, personal owners I would of course have just replaced them myself. But with these corporate ****ers I'll take my small €40 victories where I can get them.

Its not just vulture funds there are some greedy LL out there also who dont maintain properties and just keep lashing the rent up no matter what. Some LL are decent & get on with tenants but I am sorry to say most are not.
    Regarding the toilet seat I would just replace it yourself its not worth the hassle and you are using it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Brae100 wrote: »
    That's not possible with vulture fund corporate landlords. They will put children out on the street without a second thought, as I very nearly found out last year. With previous rentals with private, personal owners I would of course have just replaced them myself. But with these corporate ****ers I'll take my small €40 victories where I can get them.
    As someone with a huge corporate landlord this is bull****.

The idea that private landlords are all lovely people who strove to keep rents low while the corporate ones are big evil enterprises trying to screw you over at every turn must be the biggest myth peddled on this forum.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

The idea that private landlords are all lovely people who strove to keep rents low while the corporate ones are big evil enterprises trying to screw you over at every turn must be the biggest myth peddled on this forum.

Agreed I just left a not so nice private LL with 13 properties we were never treated well and rent was always put up illegally twice and in the correct way the 3rd time. We've moved back home until we buy somewhere later this year its not ideal but we needed to get out of the rental market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

awec wrote: »

It depends what type of corporate landlord you have. Some of them maybe acting on behalf of a small time ll and might have been instructed as long as their a decent tenant. Rent increase can be negligible. While on the other hand some ll might request to keep going to market rate. It really depends on needs and wants of the ll that owns the property

Catlady76 wrote: »
    Agreed I just left a not so nice private LL with 13 properties we were never treated well and rent was always put up illegally twice and in the correct way the 3rd time. We've moved back home until we buy somewhere later this year its not ideal but we needed to get out of the rental market.

I am very relieved to be out of the private rental market. And I was always against council properties. :eek:

Graces7 wrote: »
    I am very relieved to be out of the private rental market. And I was always against council properties. :eek:

Me too we are currently back home with my dad for 6-9 months until we purchase somewhere I would rather that then renting ever again its too insecure in Ireland a LL can treat you how they please, raise rent whenever and then turf you out.

Catlady76 wrote: »
    Me too we are currently back home with my dad for 6-9 months until we purchase somewhere I would rather that then renting ever again its too insecure in Ireland a LL can treat you how they please, raise rent whenever and then turf you out.

Sorry; my last post was not clear.I am now in council accommodation. I found an empty place in an area I really wanted to live. WHen I asked the council, they said there was no demand for social housing there so if iI wanted it, fine. It was filthy and in need of TLC but I was desperate to get in so that was fine.

Fell on my feet! No more private landlords, and even if work does not get done , it did not at other places .

Public rather than private property..

• Advertisement
Advertisement