Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shampoo for dyed hair

Options
  • 31-05-2018 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

I have dry scalp / dandruff and my hair is dyed. Could anyone recommend a shampoo that will clear my hair without stripping the colour please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Do you know what is causing the dandruff? Is your scalp oily or dry? If you can deal with the cause, you might not need to use a dandruff shampoo. Otherwise, a dandruff shampoo containing ingredients such as zinc pyrithione, salicylic acid or
    selenium sulfide will strip your colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Stop using shampoo, wash your hair with conditioner only.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Username2017

La roche posay kerium is excellent and gentle non stripping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Thanks for the replies. My scalp is dry. I think it's more dry scalp than dandruff possibly. I suspect product build up is part of it even though I'm careful to rinse properly. It's like some shampoos are too rich for my hair. Also though, I think that the hair dye itself dries out my scalp.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Username2017

Vetch wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. My scalp is dry. I think it's more dry scalp than dandruff possibly. I suspect product build up is part of it even though I'm careful to rinse properly. It's like some shampoos are too rich for my hair. Also though, I think that the hair dye itself dries out my scalp.

Honestly try the la roche possay I’m a hairstylist so I’ve tried them all I always go back to it leave it on for a min or two to let the ingredients work on your scalp and wash your hair regularly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Honestly try the la roche possay I’m a hairstylist so I’ve tried them all I always go back to it leave it on for a min or two to let the ingredients work on your scalp and wash your hair regularly

Thanks - I'll give it a go.

Advertisement