Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heriot Watt University awarded Masters

Options
  • 31-05-2018 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking at an online Business Administration masters through Griffith collage in limerick.

The main thing I'm unsure about is the accreditation from Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh.

I understand this is a fantastic collage, but would the award be effected because its online and through Griffith.

Might be a silly question but want to put it out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

The Heriot Watt website has details on the online MBA courses offered (www.hw.ac.uk). I had a quick look and it has the following details to contact them on their MBA's

Contact
    MBA Enquiries

Telephone
    +44 (0) 131 451 3090

Email
    enquiries@ebs.hw.ac.uk

My brother in law did an MBA at Heriot Watt and it seemed to help him in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

bob mcbob wrote: »
    The Heriot Watt website has details on the online MBA courses offered (www.hw.ac.uk). I had a quick look and it has the following details to contact them on their MBA's

Contact
    MBA Enquiries

Telephone
    +44 (0) 131 451 3090

Email
    enquiries@ebs.hw.ac.uk

My brother in law did an MBA at Heriot Watt and it seemed to help him in his career.

Thanks for your help. Your brother went directly to heriot watt?

I'm think of doing it through Griffith collage in limerick, heriot watt validate the course.
    I'm wondering if this diminishes it in ant way.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

I don't really know all the details but if it is accredited with Heriot Watt then it sounds like the course is going to be very similar to one offered by them. As it is an online course, does the location of the university matter?

Once again without knowing the details, for me it would come down to cost of the course and the reputation of the University (i.e. when you are applying for a job in future (Ireland / elsewhere) which name would look better on your CV)

Thats a question for you to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Heriot Watt is a great uni, I spent sometime there and has fantastic facilities there.

Advertisement