Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIT or DCU or Maynooth or Smurfit Masters Accounting

• 31-05-2018 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,

I planning to do a masters in accounting to get exemptions of CAP2.
    I think any of the three will get me my exemptions (tell me if i'm wrong).
    The thing is that I heard that UCD smurfit masters is really difficult. I dont know about the other two.
    I would like to know how hard Master can get and which one should I go for and is worth it.?

I really appreciate if anyone has done a masters in accounting in( DCU/SMURFIT/DIT/MAYNOOTH) could share your experiences!

thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

Helenm98 wrote: »
    Hi all,

The thing is that I heard that UCD smurfit masters is really difficult. I dont know about the other two.
    I would like to know how hard Master can get and which one should I go for and is worth it.?

I really appreciate if anyone has done a masters in accounting in( DCU/SMURFIT/DIT/MAYNOOTH) could share your experiences!

thank you in advance!

Not trying to be smart, but why not save yourself the 10 grand and just do CAP 2 instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Helenm98

I think it'll be difficult to work and study at the same time. I would prefer to be in college for another year and focus on studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

I think it'll be difficult to work and study at the same time. I would prefer to be in college for another year and focus on studying.

You don't necessarily need to be working while doing CAP 2. There is always the flexibile option which basically means that you're not tied in to any sort of training contract and can work in any sort of role, or not work at all.

The only thing about this is that you would need to pay your own fees, which afaik are circa €3.2k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Hi all,

thank you in advance!

I did the Masters in DCU although over 10 years ago now. Tough year but manageable. I think nearly everyone passed but very few getting 1.1's.

Smurfit was supposed to be easier back then anyways but it's hard to compare. Smurfit is much more expensive though if your paying for it yourself.

Maynooth is a newer course and wasn't around when I was doing mine.

Don't think you could go wrong with any of them but Smurfit and DCU probably more recognised as longer in operation. Smurfit also get's ranked well internationally. Never caused me any issues abroad going to DCU but worth considering anyways.

Advertisement