Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding family members to house deeds/ BoI mortgage

Options
  • 31-05-2018 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, my mother and younger sister are on my mother's house deeds (my sister went as guarantor for my mother as she was close to retirement when the house was purchased). 

We are looking in to see if it is possible for my sister to use her maximum non-taxable gift limit to 'gift' a portion of her 50% of the house to both my other sister and I or do we need to look at other options so that we are all shared owners.  

We were thinking of 2 options - For a BoI mortgage, could myself and sister join the mortgage (how would the deed reflect this?), or would we need to pay off the mortgage for this to happen, if it is at all possible?

Many thanks.

Comments

Advertisement