Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounthfield Ride On

Options
  • 01-06-2018 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Just received a present of a Mounthfield 1435E ride on (second-hand)

Not starting but in good condition.

Anybody know someone good that could service/ get it up and going in the Kerry area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

What part of Kerry?
    Are you any way diy mechanically.
    Check battery voltage, spark plug, fresh fuel, seat safety switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Not starting = engine turning over and not starting or not even the starter motor will turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Gorteen

jtown wrote: »
    Just received a present of a Mounthfield 1435E ride on (second-hand)

Not starting but in good condition.

Anybody know someone good that could service/ get it up and going in the Kerry area?

When you get up and running, you won't look back. I had a Mountfield for 16 years. Serviced once a year and ran like a dream. Traded in for a new Castlegarden and wish I'd hung on to my old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

my3cents wrote: »
    Not starting = engine turning over and not starting or not even the starter motor will turn?

Not starting at all - not turning -

They said they replaced spark plugs/ battery/ starter 3 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Well your not going to get anywhere without a battery (€50) and then you can see if the starter is working. The plugs may or may not be OK but for a tenner you might as well replace

• Advertisement
Advertisement