Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you right now? Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

surfacing briefly from the depths of a major health set back.... glad I was not missed... you all sound fine and happy and glad of that I am

Today is a special day; the anniversary of the day I abandoned the mainland and all its chaos to enjoy the peace and plenty of this tiny island.

A year of learning and unusual blessings..snugged in for the winter here, with hand cut turf delivered and stacked by the one who cut it.... fridge full of jars of home made jam, and rose hip syrup.... more fruit in the freezer, cupboards well filled with dry goods as soon the autumnal gales will make travel unpredictable.... this time last year I entrusted all my worldly goods to a curragh and delayed getting to the pier as I trusted the men but would rather not see the loading! When I got there with cats and dog, the slipway was as deserted as one of those films.. YOU know...., where everyone has been abducted... But a quick phone call sorted it and soon the curragh was on its way to fetch me and my critters... to a house where a fire had been lit and a supply of candles and torches as there was still no ESb etc.

Settled now and established ... a wonderful healing feeling at my advanced age..

Deeply content here.. but very,very unwell just now ... hoping all is well with all there. Blessings and peace.. from your islander-friend! wishing you peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Graces7 wrote:
    Deeply content here.. but very,very unwell just now ... hoping all is well with all there. Blessings and peace.. from your islander-friend! wishing you peace

Take care Graces, place wasn't the same without your island exploits.

Make use of that turf to keep warm, not good to be cold when your unwell.

Hope you get better soon.

(((HUGS)))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's a grim morning out there. Looks like housework will be high on the agenda today in lieu of proper excercise.
    Mrshinchhome (insta cleaning guru) will be proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Graces, have you seen doc, gotten medication etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Sat down watching the New Zealand v Argentina game...and sipping a yellow spot whisky ...
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's a tad damp outside this morning. I may be forced to do some neglected indoor chores this morning - vacuum, dust, etc - or maybe I'll take a drive somewhere. For now, it's finish breakfast and watch the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

In the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil, raining again today.

Some very funny poetry to be read over breakfast. :D

We had better cobble together all the poetry and produce a little book, we could sell it for €2 and donate the proceeds to filling Graces turf bunker for the winter

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with black coffee, listening to coast to coast radio, " Bizarre Stories of Missing Persons" spooky stuff :3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graces7 wrote: »
    surfacing briefly from the depths of a major health set back.... glad I was not missed... you all sound fine and happy and glad of that I am

Today is a special day; the anniversary of the day I abandoned the mainland and all its chaos to enjoy the peace and plenty of this tiny island.

A year of learning and unusual blessings..snugged in for the winter here, with hand cut turf delivered and stacked by the one who cut it.... fridge full of jars of home made jam, and rose hip syrup.... more fruit in the freezer, cupboards well filled with dry goods as soon the autumnal gales will make travel unpredictable.... this time last year I entrusted all my worldly goods to a curragh and delayed getting to the pier as I trusted the men but would rather not see the loading! When I got there with cats and dog, the slipway was as deserted as one of those films.. YOU know...., where everyone has been abducted... But a quick phone call sorted it and soon the curragh was on its way to fetch me and my critters... to a house where a fire had been lit and a supply of candles and torches as there was still no ESb etc.

Settled now and established ... a wonderful healing feeling at my advanced age..

Look after yourself Grace *hugs*

Dublin airport!! Waiting for my suitcase.
    Will get both my niece & nephews birthdays in during my hols

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Saturday!!!

Off on a shopping trip :)

Carside

We did miss you (hugs) xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Listening to the Ben-Hur soundtrack on CD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It has stopped raining. I am going to make a run for it. Byeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Getting ready to go see an old friend - we haven't seen each other in ages, so we have a full day of hiking, food, and films planned. I'm really looking forward to it.

Have a happy Saturday, all!

Autosport wrote: »
    Happy Saturday!!!

Off on a shopping trip :)

Carside

Bring us back something nice :3

Still deskside

Showered, dressed and about to pop to shop, will treat myself to a cappuccino, just so as not to waste the journey. :pac:

Great poetry by all, it was really funny to read. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Watchin The Bake Off, enjoying a peaceful coffee and toast while minions at a football blitz.

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Showered, dressed and about to pop to shop, will treat myself to a cappuccino, just so as not to waste the journey. :pac:

Great poetry by all, it was really funny to read. :D

There was a fella called whocanibe,
    Everyone wondered, perhaps it was me,
    I said , no not at all,
    That guy is quite tall
    Besides I only drink tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I was only thinking of you yesterday, wondering if you were okay. Look after yourself Grace, you'll be back on your feet in no time :)

There was a fella called whocanibe,
    Everyone wondered, perhaps it was me,
    I said , no not at all,
    That guy is quite tall
    Besides I only drink tea

I'm famous. :D I'm also a gal. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from my Saturday morning 5km Parkrun (anyone here do Parkrun?) and had brekkie, might take a nap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

In Bed. In the all Ireland champions county of Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In Bed. In the all Ireland champions county of Limerick

My favorite place outside of Dublin. Great city, friendly people lots of dog poo and best pubs, and the magnificent Shannon. I love looking at the Shannon tide rush in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

All chores done for the day, in the kitchen now getting a bit of lunch ready, then shower and get ready for an afternoon/early evening with friends watching the racing and home to the fire and tv for the night

Whocanibe wrote: »
    I'm famous. :D I'm also a gal. :P

I know, poetic licence as was called earlier in the thread :D

I know, poetic licence as was called earlier in the thread :D

In that case...great poem and thank you. :D

Awful pain in my head so gonna lay down for a while.

In the kitchen, delaying the Saturday clean up.

Have funeral this evening too, which I hate, ah well, onwards and upwards. :)

• Advertisement

Bedside, enjoying the last lie-in in this bed for a while. Need food though so shall get up in a minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

At home about to make a nice stong cup of tea then play Borderlands 2 for a while as i had the game in my backlog for a while and only just bought all the DLC to make it complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Welcome back Grace, I was wondering if you got another ban :D sorry to hear you're not well (((hugs)))

I've lit both my stoves :D currently on the couch watching a movie with the 2 littlest, no-one else here. Blissful peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just home from my Saturday morning 5km Parkrun (anyone here do Parkrun?) and had brekkie, might take a nap

Have a race tomorrow, so was volunteering today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just thinking about you, as I'm reading about the Kabbalah developed in medieval Spain, which included the 'Path to the Sephiroth' which "led the soul towards its own unconditional identity in the nothingness of God".

Is this the origin of your username?

So, I'm in the sitting room with a coffee and reading a book at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting an ingrown nail hacked out of my toe
    Bok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Just thinking about you, as I'm reading about the Kabbalah developed in medieval Spain, which included the 'Path to the Sephiroth' which "led the soul towards its own unconditional identity in the nothingness of God".

Is this the origin of your username?

So, I'm in the sitting room with a coffee and reading a book at the moment.
    I think the origin of his name is a character in a Final Fantasy game. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... :D

Just back from shopping and what a miserable rainy day it is so I think I'll make lunch and watch some tv :)

Anybody want anything while I'm making lunch :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

At home and about to have lunch before unboxing my new laptop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Bedside, enjoying the last lie-in in this bed for a while. Need food though so shall get up in a minute

You are probably a bit nervous about the big move but I was chatting to my son the other day, at the end of his second day in Belgium and he was so happy. He said he had made almost as many friends in his 2 days there than his 2 years in ucd. And he is fairly shy and quiet.

Yeah I don't know how that happened either.

But anyway point is, you will have a ball meeting so many new people.

On my way to Changkat to have a pint or 2.

Witchie wrote: »
    You are probably a bit nervous about the big move but I was chatting to my son the other day, at the end of his second day in Belgium and he was so happy. He said he had made almost as many friends in his 2 days there than his 2 years in ucd. And he is fairly shy and quiet.

Yeah I don't know how that happened either.

But anyway point is, you will have a ball meeting so many new people.

On my way to Changkat to have a pint or 2.

I was nervous, but now that I've packing and all that sorted, I'm excited. Although the waiting is annoying me, I kinda just wanna go and get it over with!

I'd be a bit shy and quiet too, but there's a group chat on Facebook for people who are going to be staying in my accommodation and who are coming on Erasmus/Exchange too and I think we're gonna meet up this day week so that'll be nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I was nervous, but now that I've packing and all that sorted, I'm excited. Although the waiting is annoying me, I kinda just wanna go and get it over with!

I'd be a bit shy and quiet too, but there's a group chat on Facebook for people who are going to be staying in my accommodation and who are coming on Erasmus/Exchange too and I think we're gonna meet up this day week so that'll be nice :)

You will have the time of your life. People from all over the world will be there. Aw to be a young wan again.

Decided on €2 margaritas, onion bhajais and a great band who played the cure Love Song and Gary Moore Still got the blues. Very talented band. Dj playing Feckin Shania now when they are on a break so gonna horse some more margaritas into me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Back to bed. Toddler beside me watching tv. To think I resisted having a tv in my room. I'm having a proper lie down because of it. I should listen to mrW more often.

Planning on visiting family later. That'll be fun. Not as fun as €2 margaritas mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Off to spend the next few nights in a hotel which happens to be the same place i got food poisoning last week.... wish me luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Eating (Post run) Veggie sausages...got drowned here in East Clare..Off to Cusack Park for hurling...
    Off the drink, offered to drive the piss pots...hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Had an impromptu black bin bag day. Blitzed the minions room and removed 3 black bags of stuff. Need to get it out of here before they return!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

smurfjed wrote:
    Off to spend the next few nights in a hotel which happens to be the same place i got food poisoning last week.... wish me luck

Bring a sammich.. ;)

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... :D

Bedside.......howling with laughter 😂🤣😆 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Bedside resuming The Sinner from last night. Captivating.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement