Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you right now? Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Graces7 wrote: »
    Sodden moggie comes to me,
    Rubs my ankles with great glee...
    As I'm sitting on the loo,
    There is nothing I can do...
    Ice-wet fur and purrs galore,
    Oh he loves me, I am sure.
    His golden eyes adoring me,
    An honour clearly meant to be..

Next time, Graces, close the door,
    Let his love wait to adore...
    Grab a towel; he hates that!
    Wriggles out , my lovely cat.

From The Cat's Perspective:
    I'll tug her heartstrings, that's what I'll do,
    I've got to move her from the loo,
    I need some food, I need it now,
    Or else there'll be a massive row!
    She think's I'm great, as I strut and prance,
    But I will eat her given half a chance....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

At my desk in work.....toying with the idea of building some walls around it with some books and going for a nap....:D

"Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter." :pac:

Deskside after lunch, no motivation for this exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Kitty6277 wrote:
    I am now apartment-side in Leeds. Still unpacking and settling in, feeling a little emotional though. Not particularly sure what exact emotion, but definitely something
    Once you settle in you'll start to feel fine. Moving to the UK is the best thing I ever did for myself. PM is open if you need any advice or a chat etc :)

I'm couch side trying to sort out my mam's internet. It's in my name from ages ago but I was unable to change it when I moved over. It comes out of my Irish bank account so my mam has to give me the money when I'm home so I can lodge it. Now it's stopped working and they'll only speak to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Making porridge for my lunch.

Will you add honey or are you sweet enough already :pac:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Having coffee number 1-billion.

Edit: life is very fragile guys....so check in on your friends and family, even if they annoy the bejaysus out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

La.de.da wrote: »

Edit: life is very fragile guys....so check in on your friends and family, even if they annoy the bejaysus out of you.

True words. I hope all those in your life are doing ok la.de.da.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I have 10 flight boarding passes in my pocket and no one to give them to, does anyone wanna come fly with me? Boarding in 10 minutes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

smurfjed wrote: »
    I have 10 flight boarding passes in my pocket and no one to give them to, does anyone wanna come fly with me? Boarding in 10 minutes ?

I'll go anywhere. Can you collect me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Autosport wrote: »
    ^ Is intrigued

Now workside and just don't feel great today, think it's the Monday blues :(

Cheer up Auto.....dropping hands special on a Monday....just for you only....

Durtyyyyy.....lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »

WANNA FLY WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!! lol....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Once you settle in you'll start to feel fine. Moving to the UK is the best thing I ever did for myself. PM is open if you need any advice or a chat etc :)

I got hit with a wave of homesickness that I wasn't expecting at all, thought I'd be only delighted to be out of Ireland. Although I'm running on very little sleep so that's probably not helping

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I got hit with a wave of homesickness that I wasn't expecting at all, thought I'd be only delighted to be out of Ireland. Although I'm running on very little sleep so that's probably not helping

Give yourself a chance Kitty. Go easy on yourself. I'm sure that's totally normal and a good sleep will do wonders :) We're all rooting for you here.

Heading in to work. A quiet day today. Last night I had the strangest dream. My good friend was very sick and I was trying to help him. First I had to get to a hotel I was staying in but couldn't remember the name. It was in an area filled with hundreds of hotels. I was in an awful panic. Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Back home, in the kitchen, pavlova in oven for a birthday tomorrow, and more important..kettle is on for a coffee. :)

Rain has stopped play for the day. Nothing for it but to read the paper and do the crossword.

northgirl wrote: »
    Give yourself a chance Kitty. Go easy on yourself. I'm sure that's totally normal and a good sleep will do wonders :) We're all rooting for you here.

I'm sure I'll be okay, just a big change.

Everyone on here is so nice, makes it a little easier :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Well, at your own funeral, someone else drives plus you get carried around as well, and you don't have to talk to all the f*ckers that have turned up for the triangle sandwiches. Not all bad :)
    :D:D:D

I'll have you know that in my neck of the woods, the humble sandwich has been upgraded to chicken curry (ugh) and soup. :pac:

I wouldn't mind but the poor divil getting buried wouldn't have eaten chicken curry to save his life! :(

No offence to anyone who likes chicken curry. :pac:

Kitty6277 wrote:
    I was the exact same, that's completely normal. It gets easier, especially as you get busier and start meeting new people etc

I was the exact same, that's completely normal. It gets easier, especially as you get busier and start meeting new people etc

There's some early orientation things on later this week so I'll go to those and get to know people. I've met most of my flatmates now, and they all seem nice, so hopefully we'll chat more as time goes on :)

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote:
    There's some early orientation things on later this week so I'll go to those and get to know people. I've met most of my flatmates now, and they all seem nice, so hopefully we'll chat more as time goes on
    Ah cool. I've been lucky with my house mates too. I've got a crush on one of them though :p:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just finished up all the work am fit for today and about to go meet me fella to go to the food truck park for burritos! He is such a night owl and eats in the middle of the night so going to keep him company but luckily was so busy working barely ate today so a nice veggie burrito will be devoured. Nom nom. 

And Kitty, quit telling us we are nice. You will ruin our rep as badasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I've made it from the bed to the coffee maker!

There's no stopping me now. :pac:

In the kitchen peeling spuds for chips, and getting lost in thoughts. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

On a very noisy train home

Sitting looking at a list of words that have a connection, according to a quiz question, but I'm befuddled and struggling to see it. I love this type of brain-wrecking challenge.

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    There's some early orientation things on later this week so I'll go to those and get to know people. I've met most of my flatmates now, and they all seem nice, so hopefully we'll chat more as time goes on :)

Out for a walk around, get your bearings.
    Start saying ' ee up Lad' to everyone you meet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Autosport... I was just driving home, took last corner before my compound gate, as I was in the right slow lane, a line of 15 sports cars overtook me, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc, was kinda kicking myself that i didn't have the dashcam working.
    I discovered the owners of the 9 additional boarding passes that i had, all beautiful flight attendants deadheading back home. I immediately volunteered to be their chaperone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

bubblypop wrote: »

And the old Michael McIntyre joke, tell them your fave book is T'Lion, t'witch, t'wardrobe

And the old Michael McIntyre joke, tell them your fave book is T'Lion, t'witch, t'wardrobe

And your favourite film is T' T'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

And favourite band T'Who

• Advertisement

Getting ready for bed. :pac:

Deskside trying to figure why the while loop won't do what I want it to do :confused: while listening to coast to coast fm "Spookiest Stories from the World of the Strange and Unexplained" Spooky is the right word for it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Drying myself off after having an argument with the kid who had a live shower head in his hand.
    I lost.

bubblypop wrote: »

A real popular one is "Ta love!"

Currently roomside, getting ready for a night out with my flatmates. Should be fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

@Gifted you know how to cheer a girl up :D

@Smurf it's good to know when you see exotic cars you think of me ;) but I would have been in my element :D

Now couchside after cooking and eating dinner :)

@Gifted you know how to cheer a girl up :D

@Smurf it's good to know when you see exotic cars you think of me ;) but I would have been in my element :D

Now couchside after cooking and eating dinner :)

There's a Maserati still cruising around down here.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    There's a Maserati still cruising around down here.

You want a spin ;)

You want a spin ;)

Sure, just slow down & I'll jump in Dukes of Hazzard style.

Sure, just slow down & I'll jump in Dukes of Hazzard style.

Wearing your Daisy Dukes?

Ooohhh I can just picture Ted now :D

• Advertisement

Ooohhh I can just picture Ted now :D

Wearing them right now.

Wearing them right now.

Making the boys jealous I see :D

Making the boys jealous I see :D

Aye, not many have the thighs to pull it off.

Aye, not many have the thighs to pull it off.

Very true and what a pair of legs you have ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just into bed and floating with the happies.

Night all.

Bottom bunk

Witchie..have you roofied yourself?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the couch after a mad busy day, I have a pain in my right butt thats slightly overshadowing the toothache in my left hip.. Jesus I'm buggered :D lol, but I'm for the gym again in the morning..

Elliot is impressing his physio despite my lack of structured mat time. It's more... Right, you go here while I do this and oh look you rolled over, let's roll you back, tickles, sit up here for a minute, oh look, you're head is staying up.. pure cuteness.
    hahaha if only she knew..
    Have to do some actual proper stuff for the next few weeks so he starts realising he has hands and they're not just for sucking on.. and that the mat is not for my stretches.. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Usual place!

kfallon wrote: »
    Usual place!

Cubicle 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sitting on bed, catching up on Boards. Need to go to Tesco to get few things but it's raining Cats n' Dogs for feic sake. Who wants to go out in that.... I know I'll regret it tomorrow though and it'll put the rest of the week off-kilter if I don't go tonight. Gaaaaaaaaahhh. Need to get washed and dressed presentably if I'm going to be amongst people even if it's only to the Supermarket. The effort. My sides are in so much pain today and I have a Headache to beat the Band. Come to think of it the Headache was still in-situ yesterday. Okay need to move my behind and eh get in front?!? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement