Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you right now? Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bed, having just totally remade while all the cats were out. Hate throwing them off.... soon be time to change to flannelettes... Listening to heavy rain already and reading the storm warnings.. glad I had such a lovely walk yesterday as the week looks like being a write off. Bed is good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Make us a brew will ye.

Still in bed. Needed that.
    Ready to face the day.

In 5 more minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Deskside, peaceful here at the moment, contemplating breakfast from the staff canteen, have a good day everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Another fine morning and it looks like the Brambley apples need harvesting today. So, it's outside I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Another fine morning and it looks like the Brambley apples need harvesting today. So, it's outside I go.

Apple Crumble and cream would be lovely at lunchtime please :D

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    Apple Crumble and cream would be lovely at lunchtime please :D

No problem, as the freezer probably won't hold all the stewed apples, crumbles and tarts heading that direction. You'll have to collect though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Lurking. I'm reading posts but I'm not in a good place so I'm not posting. It's nice to see how ye are all getting on though :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Lurking. I'm reading posts but I'm not in a good place so I'm not posting. It's nice to see how ye are all getting on though :)

We can sense your presence :)

stay safe and watch the weather don't get thee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Workside

Cleo a big booby hug to you xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hope things turn around for you soon Cleo and you get back to feeling better , mind yourself , that's the main thing x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Back home, raining today,so I guess it's a day for the ironing. Someone has to do it. :)

For anyone feeling under the weather, It's not easy I know, but hopefully there's better times coming.

Out from in. HAD to try and rescue the few rose hips the thief had left on my side of the hedge....

Wonderful out. The wind is warm and not too wild. Or was an hour ago. Sounds worse out ,, yep an OUCH gust.... :rolleyes:;) I have ultra sensitive hearing..

Will mix the rose hips I do not need into bird food... out at the back where it will be safe... lol....

it is far too warm to need a fire.

Onwards...off bac k to Dubai now ! LOVE those white robes!

Carside and would love to just drive off and not go back to work :D Who's in??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Curled up in bed. I'm still no better and the school run and making food wiped me. So coffee, banana bread and books with the toddler, under the blankets and watching out the window at the trees blowing. Im very cosy and content.

degenerated into a full blown storm the weather did... heavy rain pulsing diagonally past the glass door in great swathes. Gusts making me startle. Hoping the power holds. The cables from the mainland are under the ocean. we pass the locator poles in the boat. alongside the poles warning where the oyster beds are..

This looks like set in for much of the rest of the week, they say .. sokay! I am ready! snug abed as always... had to find a youtube with LOUD volume...

life is never boring or routine thankfully,,

Inside, having given up on apple picking due to a neighbour calling for an almost three hour chat. I don't mind, the apples will keep for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

doing the same from my couch

hope everyone is well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Booty-slaps and titty-claps on the way to you!
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Lurking. I'm reading posts but I'm not in a good place so I'm not posting. It's nice to see how ye are all getting on though

Virtual hugs sent to you Cleopatra......and yes I dropped the hand on you as well...enjoy...

Lol lol

• Advertisement

On the couch, finished the ironing. My feet are killing me. :)

I hate ironing duvet covers! :mad:

Whocanibe wrote: »

I have never ever ironed a ... duvet cover.... actually I never iron anything. Folding the sheets carefully before they dry etc...

Abed, snugly snug. two of the cats are out but they have various nests.

I rescued the first sunflower to bloom as it was being blown back and forth in the gale, so it is with the 2 lemon glads similarly rescued, looking very sumptuous..

Settling down for an evening of TV, newspaper, crossword and emails; in no particular order past the settling down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I do my ironing in the tumble dryer.

Couch all snug looking out at the swaying trees.

Booty-slaps and titty-claps on the way to you!

I read that as clamps.

Back home, wind is starting to pick up.

Graces7 wrote: »
    I have never ever ironed a ... duvet cover.... actually I never iron anything. Folding the sheets carefully before they dry etc...
    La.de.da wrote: »
    I do my ironing in the tumble dryer

:D

There's a lot of stuff I don't iron, but I don't think the duvets look or feel as fresh if they're not ironed. Just me. :)

reminded me that my mother hated ironing, yet I found her ironing my ballet tights :eek: Is it the guilt that makes us do things like that?

Off back to Dubai airport now I can hear the sound over the storm..

Dublin airport.......
    No tears today though! Collecting the boyfriend who is visiting for my 2nd week at home!
    Woo hoo

Where's the best pint of Guinness in Dublin??

bubblypop wrote: »

Where's the best pint of Guinness in Dublin??

Any pub he's with you in.

• Advertisement

Any pub he's with you in.

Ahh, so sweet!

Graces7 wrote: »
    reminded me that my mother hated ironing, yet I found her ironing my ballet tights :eek: Is it the guilt that makes us do things like that?

No guilt about anything here. :D

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ahh, so sweet!

No, it's true. 💕

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nothing gets ironed in this house. Before going to a wedding or a funeral the neighbours probably hear 'Where's the f*cking iron?' followed by a more respectable volumed, 'F*ck it, tis grand'. And that's as close as it gets.

At home, kitchen table making food, catching up on correspondence and watching Ballers.

Just home now and the wind is picking up alright. ''Tis fierce warm though :D I must look like a mad woman wearing a t-shirt in the wind :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I recently heard a great trick to avoid having to iron. And it really works. Put a capful of fabric softener in a spray bottle, top up with water and spray the clothes with them. The wrinkles just disappear. You dont drown the fabric , just a light spray. I did it to my duvet cover after Id put it on the duvet,on the bed and came back half an hour later,no wrinkles!

• Advertisement

fineso.mom wrote: »
    I recently heard a great trick to avoid having to iron. And it really works. Put a capful of fabric softener in a spray bottle, top up with water and spray the clothes with them. The wrinkles just disappear. You dont drown the fabric , just a light spray. I did it to my duvet cover after Id put it on the duvet,on the bed and came back half an hour later,no wrinkles!

Will definitely try that one out, thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Enjoying a post dinner beer outside my accomodation in the south of Spain :)

In the pub on my own having a pint. Delighted to be all by myself tonight. Now what takeaway shall I get? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside listening to coast to coast fm "Shadow People and the Hat Man" spooky :3 while also doing some c# exercises because I haven't used it since the start of the year :3.
    In the pub on my own having a pint. Delighted to be all by myself tonight. Now what takeaway shall I get? :D

Pint of :pac: ?

Just showered and going to have an O'Hara's Leann Folláin or 2 ;)

• Advertisement

Now couchside full to the brim :D

Now if someone could be so kind and give my feet a massage :D

Don't forget the chocolate ;)

Deskside listening to coast to coast fm "Shadow People and the Hat Man" spooky :3 while also doing some c# exercises because I haven't used it since the start of the year :3.

Pint of :pac: ?

Scraggy Bay :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »

Tedo's turn :3

If you washed them you might have some volunteers! :P

Scraggy Bay :D

mmmmm I should have known :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I see you're missing us and head-down to the studies. ;)

Enjoy.

College hasn't started yet, so that's my excuse :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Cleopatra_ wrote:
    Lurking. I'm reading posts but I'm not in a good place so I'm not posting. It's nice to see how ye are all getting on though

Hope you're in a good place soon Cleo. I don't do the whole virtual hug thing but I'm sending one your way.

P.s I give the best hugs! 😊

If you washed them you might have some volunteers! :P

I came prepared Mookie.

s-l300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

On the couch watching MNF

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I came prepared Mookie.

s-l300.jpg

My feet smell of Paco Rabonne Olympia :P yes I use body lotion on my feet too :P

Thanks Ted :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement