Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you right now? Part 4

Comments

In bed watching an old detective thing called Touching Evil. Was just texting my friend who is has an interesting ability to make everything about herself.

Me; I'm not well blaa blaa
    Her; Oh me neither!
    Me; What's up
    Her; Blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa
    Me; Don't worry blaa blaa blaa.
    Me; I wonder why I'm sick again?
    Her; Well I I I blaa blaa I I me me me blaa blaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

GoneHome wrote: »
    Couchside after a brilliant evening with friends, home since 7.00, watching David Attendorough

Genius. His voice/accent alone....

If I was to ever have a man-crush, it would have been him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Witchie wrote: »
    Waging a war with Qatar Airlines as they have just informed me that I will probably be denied boarding on Monday. I complied with their allergy policies, got a doctors report at €65 and might not be able to fly, all because they don't have a doctor to approve it at the weekends. Why didn't they tell me that earlier today when I raced to Doctor on Call half an hour away to get the stupid form signed.

So f&&kin angry right now.

Yiz might see me on telly on Monday for kicking up a fuss at the airport.

Will ya moon the tv cameras if ya don’t get aboard :):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, howling with laughter from reading the ass milk thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Went siteseeing again today, got to the Brandenburg gate... and the huge anti-racism demonstration was there...so I joined in :)
    It was quite awe inspiring to be part of a marche past the gate that didn't have a sinister reason to it... almost 300k marched..and a kerryman! :D:D

Went siteseeing again today, got to the Brandenburg gate... and the huge anti-racism demonstration was there...so I joined in :)
    It was quite awe inspiring to be part of a marche past the gate that didn't have a sinister reason to it... almost 300k marched..and a kerryman! :D:D

Doing the nation proud compared to others :

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/auschwitz-irish-tourist-arrested-poland-13390444

I saw that a few days ago.. sad individual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch....watching a recording of the Killers in concert at the Isle of Wight festival......I wanna go gigging again....

Turn Mr Brightside.......

In bed. I feel awful quare :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

In bed. I feel awful quare :(

Hugs Perse

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Hugs Perse

Ah thanks Shpud :) x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Perse I'll go one further and

Turn the electric blanket on for you ;):D

Now homeside after a great day out :)

Autosport wrote: »

Now homeside after a great day out :)

Yep, have some fun and then murder somebody.

FF will sort this stuff out

Yep, have some fun and then murder somebody.

FF will sort this stuff out

You following me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

In my kitchen wondering what this Seph desk looks like, often heard of but rarely if ever seen!

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    You following me :D

dammit, never a good sign when the person you're following asks you that :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ah thanks Shpud :) x

Hot water bottle and a Lemsip with honey for you Perse. That’s an order!!:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Close to witching hour on the thirteenth day of the month of halloween *cackles*

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Hot water bottle and a Lemsip with honey for you Perse. That’s an order!!:)

I have over exceeded my daily dose of lovely pills Jk but a cup of ginger tea might help :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Poor Perse, bed with lots of water to keep hydrated

• Advertisement

Poor Perse, bed with lots of water to keep hydrated

Maybe Gremmy will use her witchy magic on me?? :pac:

Maybe Gremmy will use her witchy magic on me?? :pac:

*raises eyebrow* Interesting, what had you in mind?.

*raises eyebrow* Interesting, what had you in mind?.

You could give me some wishes? :pac:

Or i could make your dreams come true.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

In bed in my thunder pants half drunk

Or i could make your dreams come true.... :pac:

Erm. *wondersifgremisbeingdirty*

:p

*innocent beam*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Too lazy to get up to the bed. Might sleep on the couch.

*hug and cuddle donations welcome*

Poor La *huggles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

smurfjed wrote: »
    @witchie, how did the doctors note get requested ? Did you ask them not to serve nuts?

If you do get denied, give me a shout and we can get a pint, at that stage I should be only 15 minutes away from you ��

I checked their allergy policy. They ask you to download a form and a waiver and submit them up to 48 hours before your flight. I have had similar with MAS but they didn't mind that I didn't have the doc bit filled out because it is mostly about stretchers and oxygen so I thought it would be same, but I rang to check and to find out where I send them coz this info was not clear on their website.

I spoke with a guy and he said I had to get a doc to complete it or I wouldn't be allowed to fly. this was at about 1pm on a Saturday. My fault leaving it to the last minute. Got in touch with Doc on Call and went to them half an hour away, paid the €65 got the form filled in. The doc had never seen anything like the form before and actually said it was insulting in its language. Anyway I sent photos of the filled in forms off by email at 2.55. They kept bouncing back to me. I waited for 10 minutes to get through on the phone to check the email address again and the guy asked for my email then obviously added me to their safe list as I seconds later received an acknowledgement that my email had gone through at the address I had sent it to. He told me to call back in half an hour and they would let me know if I was being given permission to fly.

I drove home, called again and was told I wouldn't be allowed to fly because they wouldn't have enough notice to make sure that they could assist me if I took a reaction. They said that they had no doctors working on weekends so they couldn't get the forms checked. They said the 48 hours doesn't apply on weekends.

There is no notice of this on their website.

I requested the manager, was refused. He went off to check something, came back and said that he could move me to the Thursday flight but in line with the ticket rules. I had checked the flight and it was about €200 more to fly on Friday and I would be expected to pay the difference. I asked again to speak to a manager. Eventually, I got speaking to her.

She said that I was too late, even though I got the documents to them on time and repeated that they had no doctors to check and if I show up at the airport on Monday I will more than likely be refused leave to board the plane. She also stated that they could not guarantee a nut free flight. I told her I only need a few rows around me to be nut free but she wouldn't listen.

I tweeted them and they have said the will investigate and get the call centre team to deal with it....the same team that told me I wouldn't be allowed on the plane. Still waiting to hear more.

So will take you up on that pint if am not arrested for causing a scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Had a cousin play for bohs a few years ago ...scored a brace against shamrock rovers and was a bit of a hero ;)

0-0 at 90 mins. We got the result 4-3 on penos in the end we all rushed into the shed. Some party afterwards

Bloody hell Witchie what a rigmarole :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside disappointed

What's up Seph?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Sitting on bedside. Heading out tonight and I have no idea what to wear

Oi! That's my spot missy! Gerroffff!

I'm bedside. In pain. I've had one of the most physically, mentally and emotionally draining weeks ever and I would just love some sleep. I might log off now and will probably find a "Where are you right now?" part 5 by the time I log back on tomorrow.

Bedside disappointed

(Hugs)

Sorry to hear that Witchie, hopefully they will see sense and let you travel. Wouldn't the flight attendants be first aid trained? They surely have an epipen or do you have your own? Fingers crossed for you Hun xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

raiding the fridge

shhhh.....don't tell anyone

• Advertisement

Sitting up in bed wide awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bed, with Stephen Fry reading me Sherlock Holmes the definitive collection. I am struggling to think where I would rather be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's a ground breaking day here. I have to take the young fella to mass, expect thunder clouds.

Close to finishing work, going to make a little breakfast in bed for herself and have a good sleep all going well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Awake...I don't want to be awake....you listening eye lids???.......I said I don't want to be awake.......I want to be in dream land......where I'm perfect ..lol lol

Morning everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In bed, final few moments are always the nicest.

• Advertisement

In my hotel room, last few hours here today, so out and enjoy the sunshine :)

It's sunny out but yikes I had to wrap up a bit. Wasn't as cold in the middle of the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@witchie.... do you have to touch nuts or just breath in the particles? Can you wear a mask? What is the impact on your health if you come into contact? With 300 people onboard an aircraft with recirculated air, its pretty impossible to have a totally clean environment, especially when people don't speak English or Arabic and may not understand any instructions asking them not to eat nuts. As for the comment about the EPI pen, never expect an airline to carry something like that. If you need it, bring it.
    Unfortunately it also happens to be Qatar airlines.
    Good Luck tomorrow. I will be landing in Terminal 1 around 10am, so I might wander upstairs and see if you attracted the news cameras :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Day 6 in Abisko Sweden, this place really lived up to its reputation as we saw the Aurora 5 nights out of 5, some were better than others, but there is something sublime about sitting in freezing weather watching the skies surrounded by people who respect the event and speak in whispers, no music, no fires, just you and the skies. Not sure if I would come here in Jan/Feb/Mar as it would be super cold and snow covered, but right now was perfect.

Next stop, Arlanda airport, Stockholm.

Breakfast made, delivered to delighted OH.. Pat on back for tired Grem..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement