Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you right now? Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Folks house again, they want to move and have the house on the market. I am terrified it's going to sell quickly so am spending all the time I can here while I can.

The bonus is that I mentioned to my mam I wasn't well this morning so all my favourite stuff was bought during her shop this morning! Sitting here eating toast and butter and drinking tea, there is no nicer combination in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Watchin The Last Leg and eating jellies. Would love a glass of wine but am working tomorrow. Boo hiss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Now couchside watching tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Looking at a car that is in need of a wash to clear the dust stuck to it. But no powerwash allowed.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Watchin The Last Leg and eating jellies. Would love a glass of wine but am working tomorrow. Boo hiss

Have that on here too with tae & supervalu own brand kitkat bars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

m17 wrote:
    Watching the sun go down on another epic day

Must say, I love your positivity on this thread m17. You should be like a mindfulness coach or something. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Looking at a car that is in need of a wash to clear the dust stuck to it. But no powerwash allowed.:(

Leave it until mid August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

In the kitchen. Kids asleep. Lappy on the counter and Crowded House dont dream its over is playing.

It's over for that diving git Neymar anyway. Rolling around every 2 minutes trying to get his fellow footballers carded and then the one time they should have got a penalty they didn't, oh Karma you little daisy!!!!
    Most Belgians I've met over the years have seemed lovely anyway so I'm glad for (all 3 of) them. :D
    Sufficient sample size from which to form a conclusion I reckon.

No idea what I posted here last friday and afraid to check (apologies again to the poor git I was sending messages to talking gibberish) but I swore afterwards I wouldn't drink again.
    Only had one beer the next day, 4 tuesday, and 5 this evening. But in fairness this evening's were craft beers from the good lady as a birthday prezzie and I already paid it back in kind by falling off the step ladder while trimming the trees out the front.
    Unfortunately, while falling, I let out a big scream that a teenage girl would be proud of.

Ironic really, I was out of my tree last Friday too.

Apparently you get sense as you get older. Clock still ticking here.....

Duvet side.anyone want to tuck me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Smyths Donabate. This new Rockshore is nice !!

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Open the window so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

your duvet is too poofy :p

120b5aff-20ff-4cd4-b042-09d8cbfaf208.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Bbc4 top of the pops;1985 **** me I getting long on the tooth

I says wrote: »

Oh I love the 80's though. The music was amazing, the fashion (imo) was cool and the world wasn't yet a slave to the internet and poxy I-phones and selfies. Plus Bill Cosby was still nice ;)

Im a proud 80's child :) Well, 80 to be exact. Thankfully I hit my teens in time for the fookin spice girls instead, and get to raise two girls in this age.
    Oh well

Oh I love the 80's though. The music was amazing, the fashion (imo) was cool and the world wasn't yet a slave to the internet and poxy I-phones and selfies. Plus Bill Cosby was still nice ;)

Im a proud 80's child :) Well, 80 to be exact. Thankfully I hit my teens in time for the fookin spice girls instead, and get to raise two girls in this age.
    Oh well

They’ll never know waiting for the fcuking dj to shut up talking,to record a song of the radio a skill in itself to get just right.

They’ll never know waiting for the fcuking dj to shut up talking,to record a song of the radio a skill in itself to get just right.

:D

Ha brilliant, yeah and trying to watch a movie on VHS that you'd rented and the tracking needed sorting.

Those grey lines across the screen used to bring my Dad close to meltdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

On my break, at my 8-8 night shift in an A&E dept in England.

If one more person tells me it’s coming home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Oh yeah..bands like Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Yello , Falcao, approx 84, ...a couple of years later...S-express and Soul II Soul, bands like Van Halen, Motley Crew, Bon Jovi , Poison... "every rose has its thorn, yeah"... REM &The B52's ....used love Kate Pierson..and she's now 70!!
    Man I feel old

ZzubZzub wrote: »
    On my break, at my 8-8 night shift in an A&E dept in England.

If one more person tells me it’s coming home...

It’s either Liam or Sam that comes home here ;)

Oh yeah..bands like Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Yello , Falcao, approx 84, ...a couple of years later...S-express and Soul II Soul, bands like Van Halen, Motley Crew, Bon Jovi , Poison... "every rose has its thorn, yeah"... REM &The B52's ....used love Kate Pierson..and she's now 70!!
    Man I feel old

For fcuk sake you forgot carter the unstoppable sex machine

• Advertisement

.... and politicians could still write off the odd speeding fine, and The Dubs were still crap at the GAA and you could still have 4 pints and drive

Sorry. I slipped into Healy-Rae mode there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

For fcuk sake you forgot carter the unstoppable sex machine

Tbf, they were mainly 90's.

Just remembered...I used love Nik Kershaw too...and the 3 Thompson twins :D

Autosport wrote:
    Open the window so

DunnoKidz wrote:
    your duvet is too poofy

:eek:

You went left instead of right through that own window, didn't you.

Wrong room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Up as usual in the night... Back to sleep soon...Have far too much food in the
    house! But a restful day eating sounds good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bed finally, it's been a looooong evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Sitting in bed feeling very unwell

So second weekend since the boyfriend left for his home country.
    Seems so long, it's tough going. Phone calls just not the same........
    Hopefully we will meet up in some European city soon!
    On the upside, my apartment is spotless!!

Happy Saturday!!!

I'm now gardenside feeding the birds but later I'll be in croke park waiting to see Michael Buble :D

Bring it on!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

In bed.
    Sleepless.
    Nagging tooth.

.........we are not amused :mad:

.......and wishing I could see Michael Buble now too.
    :rolleyes:

(Have a fun time autosport!:))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Tbf, they were mainly 90's.

Just remembered...I used love Nik Kershaw too...and the 3 Thompson twins :D

I had a big poster of Nik on my wall..heard Bronski Beat on the radio during the week and took a trip down memory lane...remember going to the pub and putting something good on the Jukebox..the good old days. 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Poolside sipping some radlers.

There is a father and daughter in the pool and the deep, heartfelt giggles out of her are lightening my load.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Witchie wrote: »

There is a father and daughter in the pool and the deep, heartfelt giggles out of her are lightening my load.
    Any luck with your house sale Witchie?

Trying to get out of the leaba,meeting my friend for brekkie shortly and I'm too lazy to get up.

That's the end of that now. No more drinks ever again. Sitting in Wowburger at 3am like a girl of 32 and then the chat with the taxi driver about "soulmates". Fücking hell. He asked for number as well.

:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Desk side watching Region Locked "Policenauts" the two main lads remind me Martin and Rodger from lethal weapon :3.

Oh well

Gee I was .. well, let us say nearing middle aged in the 80s..

• Advertisement

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Aye B00! :)

:confused: Does someone have a new name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Witchie wrote: »

I was in the pool yesterday with the three chickens.......I was like Jason Bourne trying to get away from them........three of them hopped up on me and pushing me under the water......wrapping legs around me neck.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Colser wrote: »
    Any luck with your house sale Witchie?

Trying to get out of the leaba,meeting my friend for brekkie shortly and I'm too lazy to get up.

Still waiting. Have put the buyer on notice that if things aren't through next week I will be renting it out again.

Sick of having no money.

That's the end of that now. No more drinks ever again. Sitting in Wowburger at 3am like a girl of 32 and then the chat with the taxi driver about "soulmates". Fücking hell. He asked for number as well.

:p

Too much sun?

Graces7 wrote: »
    Too much sun?

Too much gin :)

• Advertisement

Had another sleep after the hordes had been fed.... I used to say when I had about 10 cats at Christmas that first i stuffed the turkey, then I stuffed the cats with turkey, then I stuffed ME with turkey..

Lovely to see even a little rain and a sweet fresh breeze...My garden chair witnesses to a decent shower..

;):eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I awoke to breakfast in bed. Have a terrible hangover and am not sure why I am getting the royal treatment...am usually in the doghouse!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haha G'wan poly ya mad thing ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Sitting out on the garden tucking into breakfast, the only noises I can hear are the birds.

Slept about 11 hours last night, feel like the world is right again this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I don’t know if I’m going to agree to take it yet. Seems a bit final or something. It was the consultant rumatholigist who said it so I’ll chat it with my GP because I’d trust him the most. That would be grand when I’m in my 50s but not something I want to start when i haven’t even hit 30.

I don't envy your decision. I did have a similar choice like this year's ago. Long story short, I got severe allergies that turned into autoimmune disease, my body was attacking itself, I was on morphine patches for months at a time. After a few years of unsuccessful treatments I turned to natural medicine, it worked. I'm now at the stage where I can stop daily antihistamines. It takes as much for your body to fight the medication. The doctors are treating your symptoms, not the cause. That's the difference. Research your illness, because for every side effect of medication, theres always another drug, but never a cure.
    Look into vitamin b12 and vitamin D therapy. Research doesn't hurt.
    I wish I had a magic wand sometimes.
    TG1 wrote:
    Folks house again, they want to move and have the house on the market. I am terrified it's going to sell quickly so am spending all the time I can here while I can.

It's a morning for memories it seems, it's funny, we moved when I was ten but the original house still holds more memories than the newer one. it's still in the family so can go there whenever, funny thing, whenever I dream about the past it's always this house.
    Srameen wrote:
    Looking at a car that is in need of a wash to clear the dust stuck to it. But no powerwash allowed.

Go old style and use the bucket..(i had the kids water the new herbs with their water guns :D) I think that's allowed.. I could just use a feather duster on mine. Pure dust.
    I says wrote:

Oh we watched the 1986 one, I was singing along to all the songs! I was a year away from teenagedom! The memories flooded back, seems like 5 years ago though.. Not 32 .. :O
    Oh yeah..bands like Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Yello , Falcao, approx 84, ...a couple of years later...S-express and Soul II Soul, bands like Van Halen, Motley Crew, Bon Jovi , Poison... "every rose has its thorn, yeah"... REM &The B52's ....used love Kate Pierson..and she's now 70!! Man I feel old

I spent ages recording song from the radio and belting them out in my room, Lol. At least I could sing! By the time I was 16 I'd graduated to learning to play them on the guitar to sing them in talent competitions .. fun times!

I'm on my bed, but really gone down memory lane. The stories I could tell lol..

Deskside watching Gavin and Stacey, what a great show!

TG1 wrote: »
    Slept about 11 hours last night

Sweet Jaysus, I'm lucky if I get that much in 3 nights, let alone one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Heading off shortly to a 19th birthday party - BBQ beckons.

cbyrd wrote: »
    I don't envy your decision. I did have a similar choice like this year's ago. Long story short, I got severe allergies that turned into autoimmune disease, my body was attacking itself, I was on morphine patches for months at a time. After a few years of unsuccessful treatments I turned to natural medicine, it worked. I'm now at the stage where I can stop daily antihistamines. It takes as much for your body to fight the medication. The doctors are treating your symptoms, not the cause. That's the difference. Research your illness, because for every side effect of medication, theres always another drug, but never a cure.
    Look into vitamin b12 and vitamin D therapy. Research doesn't hurt.
    I wish I had a magic wand sometimes.

agree totally and a process I am working along slowly .

When I smashed my wrist a few years back, the young drs were zealous re a new anti-inflammatory and wanted me to take it. When I learned you had to take a proton pump inhibitor an hour before as it damaged your stomach so much I refused it .

So OK, treat the inflammation but ??? destroy liver and kidneys?

All meds have side effects. it is a balancing act. A choice.

I know that with me the decades of misdiagnosis and totally wrong and damaging meds have done so much damage, but I am old and Shoesday is young. Damage has to be lived with for life.

Research and make choices.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement