Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase in properties sale/rent

Options
  • 01-06-2018 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I hade some email alerts set on Daft for the Wexford/Kilkenny/Carlow area for some time now that alert me to when a new property comes up for sale or rent... These type of emails have really increased in the last month or so compared to being non existent before then..
    Anyone here in the estate agent business know the source of them? I am assuming maybe reposessed properties turned around and hitting the market again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Turnstyle wrote: »
    I hade some email alerts set on Daft for the Wexford/Kilkenny/Carlow area for some time now that alert me to when a new property comes up for sale or rent... These type of emails have really increased in the last month or so compared to being non existent before then..
    Anyone here in the estate agent business know the source of them? I am assuming maybe reposessed properties turned around and hitting the market again?

No idea, but I too have noticed a huge increase in property coming to the market

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Not unusual for more properties to come on the market in the Spring. The banks have also announced sales to vulture funds and in some cases are accepting properties back from the owners and writing off the residual debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

It’s just that time of year when it’s a better time to sell your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Daft can be funny sometimes. I have my alerts set up : nothing for ages, then suddenly the alerts started, even though I knew for ages that i wasn't being alerted, now suddenly i am getting alerted for houses outside of my specified area. dont know why. i think some IT guy in daft keeps messing around with the parameters or something

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭M.Cribben

Wesser wrote: »
    Daft can be funny sometimes. I have my alerts set up : nothing for ages, then suddenly the alerts started, even though I knew for ages that i wasn't being alerted, now suddenly i am getting alerted for houses outside of my specified area. dont know why. i think some IT guy in daft keeps messing around with the parameters or something

I've noticed also (don't know if it's Daft or the EAs doing this), every property from a particular EA gets de-listed/re-listed making it appear there's 100+ new properties after hitting the market. I don't even know why they do this. If they're trying to hide how long a property has been on the market or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Isn't it get out of CGT time also?

Advertisement