Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery ship in eastenders opening credits

Options
  • 01-06-2018 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm sure like many thousands of people out there, if not millions, both me and my partner watch eastenders.
    But has anyone but me ever noticed the big ship at the very start of the opening credits sailing up the Thames?
    I know London well, and there are so many bridges going across the Thames it would be impossible for a ship that size to be there.
    Ok, so I know it's a plant by the graphics people who designed the opening, but why put it there? And what ship is it?
    Out of interest I googled it and to my surprise there was so little information available and nobody seems to know for sure.
    There was a navy-net board site like this site were it had come into question but even there nobody was sure if it was a cruise ship or naval.
    So the question remains open for anyone out there who has a good knowledge of ship size and deck layout to answer or speculate.

Advertisement