Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephant castle still the best wings in dublin

Options
  • 01-06-2018 11:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭

Ill be up tomorrow and I want to go get something nice to eat, its a toss up between wings or or go whole hog and get a steak. Is elephant and castle still the best place for wings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

The wings in there have gone down hill badly in the last couple years, I reckon. Had them 3-4 times in that time and always too dry. I'd get the Elephant Burger or club sandwich if I go in there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

If its wings specifically you're after I'd agree Elephant and Castle have gone down hill.

You could try the Harbourmaster who do a wings and fries deal for a tenner. Good Portion too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Sounds like the bull and castle for the steak it is

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭mikekerry

rustic stone do amazing chicken wings

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I thought the wings at Wishbone were streets ahead of anywhere else I've tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Sounds like the bull and castle for the steak it is

They used to do amazing wings in the bar there but took them off the menu for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

BeerNut wrote: »
    I thought the wings at Wishbone were streets ahead of anywhere else I've tried.

Going to try them myself, thanks for the recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just Wing It in Eatyard have really good wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Luigi Malones wings are fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

E and C must be one of the most overrated spots in Dublin.. Do great trade off this 'worst kept secret' nonsense that they have the best wings. And it totally caught on years ago. People queuing and waiting.. For wings!!! Unreal. As mentioned above. Plenty of options for wings in Dublin. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Never really 'got' the thing for wings. To me, they're the bits you'd throw away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

spurious wrote: »
    Never really 'got' the thing for wings. To me, they're the bits you'd throw away.

It's all about the sauce.

Passenger wrote: »
    It's all about the sauce.

And the blue cheese dip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Alicano wrote: »
    E and C must be one of the most overrated spots in Dublin.. Do great trade off this 'worst kept secret' nonsense that they have the best wings. And it totally caught on years ago. People queuing and waiting.. For wings!!! Unreal. As mentioned above. Plenty of options for wings in Dublin. :-)

Either it is the placebo effect in that if you are told they are the best you will find them so... or for some people it is more about reputation than reality.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Tribeca in Ranalegh do some good wings, and I would never pass on Alfie byrnes wings ether.

Bad Bobs in templebar do one of the hottest wings in Ireland. I only got 4 into them before I stopped, never had regular ones from them, but they seemed tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Isn't elephant and castle just wings with franks sauce? What is so amazing about that? That's bog standard wings imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

2nd TriBeCa wings. Unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'm quite fond of the wings in the Merry Ploughboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

The Oarsman wings are epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Cienciano wrote: »
    Isn't elephant and castle just wings with franks sauce? What is so amazing about that? That's bog standard wings imho.

Frank's sauce wasn't available in Ireland when they became famous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Used to go to E&C when I was going to a concert. Too hard to get parking near so now I just go to Pandinis at Newlands Cross before I even get in. Grand there and no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I had the duck wings in beef and lobster on Parliament St today. A bit different from chickens wings, but pretty good.

Advertisement