Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Troubleshooting Velux Integra Electric Window

Options
  • 01-06-2018 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to test the motor of a Velux Integra.

I've already pressed and held the Window Reset switch for 15 seconds as recommended but the Pull Chain does not move in and out as it should when reseting. No motor sounds or relays clicking. Rain Sensor is clean so its not that preventing electrical operation of Window. No trip switches in fusebox tripped

How do I test to see if the motor is knackered? New one is GBP£65 which I'd rather not spend if I don't have to.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

First check the fuse, most likely it is fed from a fused spur outlet.
    Next check that the unit has power reaching it and a neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sorted. There was a switched outlet in the attic with the Electric Velux plugged into it but it looks like when we put the Christmas Decorations away in the attic, one of the boxes knocked the Switch on the outlet off. Had to reset the window and re-register the remote control but all is good now. Side benefit of all this was I finally figured out how to remove the Velux windows and was able to get out onto the roof to inspect our leaking zinc dormer and also found and fixed 3 slipped roof tiles. (No safety Risk. Roof valleys all round)

915QN5Fh.jpg

Advertisement