Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Month of Billing Errors

Options
  • 01-06-2018 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

For 3 months now, since being moved to the eir Talk Anytime Mobile & UK 90 plan, I have been charged for calling Irish Mobile numbers from my home phone. The last 2 times the charges were removed and I was told it would not happen again. This month 1 call to an 089 (Vodafone) was again charged, charge has been removed and when I asked why this is continuing to happen I was asked if the person was out of the country at the time as I would incur costs on my phone.

I said this was not the case, the person was in Limerick at the time. But my question is since when have eir been charging for calling a mobile phone that is roaming at the time of the call, when I asked where this was in the terms and conditions the 1901 operator cut the call.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Gosh wrote: »
    For 3 months now, since being moved to the eir Talk Anytime Mobile & UK 90 plan, I have been charged for calling Irish Mobile numbers from my home phone. The last 2 times the charges were removed and I was told it would not happen again. This month 1 call to an 089 (Vodafone) was again charged, charge has been removed and when I asked why this is continuing to happen I was asked if the person was out of the country at the time as I would incur costs on my phone.

I said this was not the case, the person was in Limerick at the time. But my question is since when have eir been charging for calling a mobile phone that is roaming at the time of the call, when I asked where this was in the terms and conditions the 1901 operator cut the call.
    Hi there Gosh

Thank you so much for getting in touch. If you're not on the correct plan or being charged for anything you didn't sign up for, you need to call Customer Care directly so dispute this with them. They will then look at your plan, move to to the correct one (if needed) and refund

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Hi there Gosh

Thank you so much for getting in touch. If you're not on the correct plan or being charged for anything you didn't sign up for, you need to call Customer Care directly so dispute this with them. They will then look at your plan, move to to the correct one (if needed) and refund

-Kyle
    They ended the call when I asked where it was in terms and conditions that I'd be charged for calling an Irish Mobile that was roaming at the time. Why is this thread called Talk to eir when you say call Customer Care directly, I've done that for the last 3 months each time the bill has been issued and was abruptly cut off when I asked a question ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Hi there Gosh

-Kyle
    They ended the call when I asked where it was in terms and conditions that I'd be charged for calling an Irish Mobile that was roaming at the time. Why is this thread called Talk to eir when you say call Customer Care directly, I've done that for the last 3 months each time the bill has been issued and was abruptly cut off when I asked a question ...
    Hi there Gosh

the reason why I suggested calling them directly is that they can look at your plan, see if you're on the correct one you agreed to and refund if needed. If you are not, they have to move you to the correct one and then you need to confirm the T&C's. This can only be done by calling in. We would be more than happy to look into this for you here but if a price plan change is needed, you have to call Customer Care.

We're just making sure you deal with the correct department which will help you get this sorted as quickly as possible

-Kyle

Advertisement