Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Rewards Scheme

Options
  • 01-06-2018 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭

Just curious to see if anyone else has usefully used the An Post Rewards Scheme where you got points when you bought postage etc. PostRewards it's called.

https://postrewards.ie/deals/

I signed up for it a year or so ago when it came out, got over 1400 points before I figured the counter staff regarded it as a bit of an irrelevance.

Did check out their website at the time and it was mostly 'deals' on hotel breaks on the like, where you'd likely pay less if you just booked direct. Got the impression that it was some sort of joint marketing exercise between An Post and these type of enterprises.

A little surprised recently then to get a letter saying that the An Post Rewards Scheme was being terminated on 16th June coming and basically that's it, points can only be redeemed up till 14th.

There doesn't appear to be any value whatsoever in these points. You'd think you could swop them for stamps / postage or something like that. But this seems to be beyond the imagination of An Post marketing people. They do offer you an option to open a current a/c with them - big deal!

So curious if anyone ever got any good out of this scheme. And I wonder just how much it cost the taxpayer and An Post customers. Lot's of glossy advertising at the start, loyalty cards, website, admin - what sort of waste is this? For a company that is routinely closing services in rural Ireland, claiming it's loss making. Maybe they should fire some of their marketing people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The "offers" they gave were basically useless and they were probably expecting to actually make money off commission 'selling' them. Hotels don't need to give deals anymore, they're booked solid; that killed off most of these schemes and "deals" sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Certainly none of their 'offers' attracted me but I wonder did anyone avail of them?

As mentioned above, there's a large whiff of the waste of public money (and to lesser extent consumers time) about this. Questions should be asked.

An Post management seem clearly incapable of managing marketing schemes and public monies. Will some faceless members of staff there be held accountable for this? Not holding my breath.

Advertisement