Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skellig Michael

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'm bad enough on my own but with my kids there I'd be constantly stressing about them aswell
    Big lads as they are I just get panic attacks with heights or near cliff edges

I'm not bad with heights... But It gave me the heeby-geebies all right ( going up not really coming down weirdly enough) may have had something to do with my balance after the crossing...
    I couldn't have enjoyed the trip with my kids..but they're small... Teens should be fine

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭micks_address

Markcheese wrote: »
    I'm not bad with heights... But It gave me the heeby-geebies all right ( going up not really coming down weirdly enough) may have had something to do with my balance after the crossing...
    I couldn't have enjoyed the trip with my kids..but they're small... Teens should be fine

Fitness was my problem or lack off...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Looks like we might just do the boat trip out & back...having a chat between us, one of the lads said he wouldn't get off the boat and its all or bust with us. Seeing as we were planning on doing it on one of their birthdays I'm hoping the boat trip in itself will be a good morning out
    Any other suggestions for things to do in the area would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Masala

Looks like we might just do the boat trip out & back...having a chat between us, one of the lads said he wouldn't get off the boat and its all or bust with us. Seeing as we were planning on doing it on one of their birthdays I'm hoping the boat trip in itself will be a good morning out

Thoroughly enjoyed this walk.... spectacular views, Suitable for all ages....small fee per car load but well worth it

http://geokaun.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Authentic woodfired pizza in cill rialig art centre in ballinskelligs, pints in Rosies afterwards.

Skellig chocolate factory.

Beaches.

Loads of different walks.

History of first laying of transatlantic telephone cable

Lighthouse on valentia.

On way/way back, Kells bay gardens and their rope walk is fantastic especially if you are into nature/ferns.

Boat trip alone is a bit of a waste of time. It can be a long tough crossing, can test the stomach a bit, the whole point is really to land on the island. Don't mind comparisons with Ryanair flights, they are to be endured, getting on the Skellig is something to remember for years. If it's too much, drive to Glengarriff and get the boat to Garnish Island, or if you have a full day and can drive an extra hour each way, get the cable car to Dursey.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,146 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I never understood why tourists would be charged more compared to nationals when I travelled abroad and did tours.

It would be fair enough if Irish nationals earned buttons compared to tourists, like say parts of SE Asia, but this is a reasonably well-off country.

I wouldn't begrudge a Cambodian getting into Angkor Wat for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

been in the area since Sat
    have to say I'm extremely impressed, never been down this part of the country before but its absolutely stunning
    the scenery is out of this world
    drove to Valentia the other day along the Skeelig Rd and stopped at the cliffs on way back
    took a trip into Killarney today and cycled through the National Park
    Words cannot describe, the roads between Kenmare & Sneem, the Skellig Rd, cant get enough and we have to leave on Fri
    I'll be back again, its fantastic

Advertisement