Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip plot of land sold for €4,075,000

Options
  • 01-06-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/316208/record-breaking-auction-as-leixlip-housing-site-sells-at-auction-for-1-2-million-per-acre.html (works best in Chrome Incognito).
    Coonan Property had a record auction yesterday where a 3.4 acre Leixlip housing site sold for over €4m - earning €1.2 million per acre.

The site, which was zoned for residential development made €4,075,000.

Coonan's reported that the auction was extremely well attended with a packed auction room and the opening bid was
    €1.4m.
    The plot of land is at next to the junction of Old Hill/Celbridge Road and Station Road. It's the green bit marked on the map; https://goo.gl/maps/ZvtrWNp5Bx92

Not sure what they'll build there, and also I'm unsure if that house is listed. Could someone check if it is? I assume they'll build houses, but they'll be pricey, and the entrance/exit will be at, or very close, to an existing busy junction.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

The boom is back baby. Two months before my yearly review. Show me the money!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm unsure if that house is listed. Could someone check if it is? I assume they'll build houses, but they'll be pricey, and the entrance/exit will be at, or very close, to an existing busy junction.

Pretty sure the house is protected (a lot of old Leixlip is), but there's plenty of land behind the house. My guess is access will be via Old Hill, or possibly Knockaulin.

But yeah, the boom is back... Houses being built at Westfield (beside Glen Easton) are a case in point. No amenities (shops, restaurants, bars, etc) up that end, and houses at the back of the estate, while only 10 minutes from Louisa Bridge station as the crow flies will be a 25 minute walk. People will be completely reliant on cars. So much for permeability. The tallaghtfication of Leixlip continues...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Who bought it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Town centre infill zoning - probably mix of apartments and houses.

3.4ac - easily 75+ residential units equating to a land cost of 53k per unit. Services are on site, local infrastructure in place. As it seems to be town centre residential zoning, only 20% requirement for green space.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CiaranW

Hopefully a big SuperValu, Dunnes or a Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Town centre infill zoning - probably mix of apartments and houses.

3.4ac - easily 75+ residential units equating to a land cost of 53k per unit. Services are on site, local infrastructure in place. As it seems to be town centre residential zoning, only 20% requirement for green space.

That seems like a very high density? Based on surrounding estates and even newly built ones I would think more like 35-40 houses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

mloc123 wrote: »
    That seems like a very high density? Based on surrounding estates and even newly built ones I would think more like 35-40 houses?

about 45-50 houses, (15/ac) but they'll probably go for a mix of apartments and houses due to its location.

Advertisement