Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathnew

Options
  • 01-06-2018 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey

Looking at moving to Rathnew or Wicklow town.

Have read some reviews on Rathnew and some people have expressed that it doesn’t have the nicest people living there.

Is this still the case or has things changed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭dbas

That makes for grim reading so it does- although it must make good GAA players all the same based on recent exploits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nowaynever

That article is 7 years old.
    Rathnew has improved greatly in the last couple of years, and no, I don't live there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Yes the population of Rathnew has nearly doubled in 10 years

from Census 2016
    Population change in Ireland's cities and towns, 2011-2016
    The settlement of Rathnew had a population of 3,370 in April 2016 compared to 2,964 in April 2011 a change of 406 persons or 13.7%.

All the new estates gone up in last 15 years are lovely to live in and i found noting wrong with ones built before that either all family orientated ect.

There are 2 new schools built in last few years primary and secondary a new small shopping centre also.
    There is a new playground and a new community hall built in recent years.

Rathnew has came a long way in the last 15 years and any land left is now being used to build houses on and it will be nearly merged with Wicklow town

lived in Rathnew all my life and i would say there is plenty of worse places to live in Ireland !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nowaynever

vickers209 wrote: »

from Census 2016

All the new estates gone up in last 15 years are lovely to live in and i found noting wrong with ones built before that either all family orientated ect.

There are 2 new schools built in last few years primary and secondary a new small shopping centre also.

Rathnew has came a long way in the last 15 years and any land left is now being used to build houses on and it will be nearly merged with Wicklow town

lived in Rathnew all my life and i would say there is plenty of worse places to live in Ireland !!
    As sure It’s just a suburb of Wicklow now:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭s14barnes

Thanks for that. Actually just bought in one of the new estates.

We have a baby so it’s good to know about schools.
    vickers209 wrote: »

from Census 2016

Advertisement