Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop BSOD cannot get in to fix

Options
  • 02-06-2018 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Laptop with win 7 32 bit won't boot. It gives a BSOD and error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. All the suggestions to fix entail getting in to it and doing some repair but I cannot get in to it. I can get to the start up repair but it just goes to BSOD. It wont even boot from a DVD, always stops at BSOD. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Did you reset the BIOS to 'safe defaults'?
    Worth a try .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

yes i did and also tried last known good configuration from the advanced options of safe mode etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Bad memory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

you need to boot from windows installation media

select Troubleshoot

Command Prompt

Type in "bootrec /repairmb"

Then reboot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

@squaker I tried booting from a windows seven repair disk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

@squaker I tried booting from a windows seven repair disk

If you have two sticks of RAM then take the one out of the second slot and try again. If you get the same error put the stick you have taken out and try that in the fist slot with nothing in the second.

Better still run the windows memory test.

BSODS during setup are often caused by bad memory however in my experience you often get slightly different errors each time.

Advertisement