Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transactions appeared yesterday but gone today

Options
  • 02-06-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Yesterday I paid a part payment on my car insurance that was paid by visa debt, it sowed on the online banking system but it is not showing today. There is also more money than should be in the account that makes me think the transaction has not gone through

Any suggestions on what has happened

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Tv2013,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

This maybe due to yesterday overall issue with Visa, they are working to update any transactions which may not be showing.

Please keep any eye on your account as this should correct itself automatically.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

This happens all the time. Nothing to do with the latest visa issue. I have to track my account balance with a piece of paper due to the amount of transactions that immediately hit my account and then disappear. BOI are in the dark ages as far as ICT systems and don't seem to have the will to fix it. It is an absolute joke.

They also have the cheek to charge for overlimit items when it is impossible to get an accurate balance from their mobile app. Pack of gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    This happens all the time. Nothing to do with the latest visa issue. I have to track my account balance with a piece of paper due to the amount of transactions that immediately hit my account and then disappear. BOI are in the dark ages as far as ICT systems and don't seem to have the will to fix it. It is an absolute joke.

They also have the cheek to charge for overlimit items when it is impossible to get an accurate balance from their mobile app. Pack of gangsters.

Bank holidays are even worse. They’re about 3 days out before they update.
    I’m in the process of switching it all over to AIB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Tv2013 wrote: »
    Yesterday I paid a part payment on my car insurance that was paid by visa debt, it sowed on the online banking system but it is not showing today. There is also more money than should be in the account that makes me think the transaction has not gone through

Any suggestions on what has happened

It’ll be Wednesday before BOI accounts are showing correctly. Always the same with bank holidays. You might be lucky and it’ll resolve itself Tuesday

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hi Tv2013,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

This maybe due to yesterday overall issue with Visa, they are working to update any transactions which may not be showing.

Please keep any eye on your account as this should correct itself automatically.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Kareana

Sorry Kareana,Why do you lot spout this rubbish. There are multiple threads every week about these issues but not once will any of the reps here actually give us the truth. Theres always some excuse.

The balance on screen is never correct and after a long weekend its even worse.
    My wife is with PTSB and her balance updates instantly.
    BOI have to be the worst for online banking out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

They ignore the issue.
    I have this regularly. Most recently, transactions from last Thursday disappeared again..

It's why I use Revolut for my spending now. BOI's IT capabilities and customer service are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its ridiculous with BOI at this stage.

Car insurance came out last Thursday as it should and my credit union loan was to come out on Friday. Ever since Friday my statement is showing my car insurance came out twice and no record of the loan repayment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Super-Rush wrote: »

Car insurance came out last Thursday as it should and my credit union loan was to come out on Friday. Ever since Friday my statement is showing my car insurance came out twice and no record of the loan repayment.

Hi Super-Rush,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Can I ask if these payments usually come out as a Direct Debit or a Standing order and is the car insurance held with Bank of Ireland?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

Fishyfreak wrote: »

Yep welcome to the antiquated world of BOI

I've got the BOI account feeding my Revolut Card

It's like night and day

The only thing boi is not slow with is the charges

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hi Super-Rush,

Can I ask if these payments usually come out as a Direct Debit or a Standing order and is the car insurance held with Bank of Ireland?

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren. Both are direct debits and my insurance is with Aviva.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Same as myself. Transactions that were there on Friday were gone yesterday.
    Now theyre back. Its getting hilarious as this stage. And to think Im paying 50 euros a quarter for this crap.

Could one of the reps PM me on how I go about escalating this / or making a complaint.
    Im willing to go as far as the financial ombudsman at this stage.

Customer of 25 years by the way.

Hi Super-Rush,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren. Both are direct debits and my insurance is with Aviva.

Thanks for that Super-Rush, and is there still the two Direct Debit payments showing and is your payment to the credit union payment still not showing? I'm just asking this because Direct Debits and Standing Orders should not be effected by the processing times of the Visa Debit transactions that we were discussing above and if two Direct Debits are showing for the same company this should mean that the company have presented for 2 separate Direct Debits and that the Credit Union have not presented for a Direct Debit.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Now theyre back. Its getting hilarious as this stage. And to think Im paying 50 euros a quarter for this crap.

Could one of the reps PM me on how I go about escalating this / or making a complaint.

Thanks for the message Hellrazer and for the feedback. If you would like a specific transaction checked on your account I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be more than happy to check through your account details for any information we have on the transaction in question.
    If you'd like to raise this as an official complaint I've given a link here that shows the process of how you can do this.
    Please let me know if there is anything further I can help you with here.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Hellrazer wrote: »

€200 a year for a current account?

Yep that's right McGaggs. The account is used for my wifes business aswell as our day to day banking.Almost every quarter its around the 50.00 mark.

Advertisement