Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Bray Motor Tax Office Print Discs immediately in-house?

Options
  • 02-06-2018 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Does Bray Motor Tax Office Print Discs immediately in-house?

or

Do they still send batches via courier to the Wicklow office?

NCT Booked for Tuesday and just realised my Motor Tax expired on the 31st of May. Could do it online but can't guarantee I'll have the disc in time for the NCT on Tuesday afternoon.

If the Bray office still only takes payment and sends applications to Wicklow in batches via courier with the disc posted back to the vehicle owner like it used to be a few years ago, then that is no use to me. I would just drive down to Wicklow myself on Monday afternoon in that case and get the disc on the spot.

If however they can now print you a disc on the spot in the Bray office, I can just go down Tuesday morning when they open and get my disc in time for the NCT in the afternoon. (Bray office open only Tues, Wed & Thurs apparently??)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

monday is bank holiday so all motor tax offices will be closed.

you dont need to have a valid tax disc displayed for nct.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A quick google of Bray Motor Tax sorted this.

Bray office open 10.30-2pm on Tuesday till Thursday

Link

I don't think NCT is concered about it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

murpho999 wrote: »
    A quick google of Bray Motor Tax sorted this.

Bray office open 10.30-2pm on Tuesday till Thursday

Link

I don't think NCT is concered about it to be honest.

Great if true about the NCT.

Just to note though. I did google the Bray Motor Tax office, thats how I knew what time I could head up there on 'Tues, Wed & Thurs' like I said. The question however, was whether they now printed you a disc on the spot. I've done it online for years but the last time I did it years ago in the Bray office, it turned out they simply took payment but sent off the documents in batches via motorcycle courier to the Wicklow Motor Tax office and the disc was posted back to you. I didn't know if that was still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Calibos wrote: »
    Great if true about the NCT.

Just to note though. I did google the Bray Motor Tax office, thats how I knew what time I could head up there on 'Tues, Wed & Thurs' like I said. The question however, was whether they now printed you a disc on the spot. I've done it online for years but the last time I did it years ago in the Bray office, it turned out they simply took payment but sent off the documents in batches via motorcycle courier to the Wicklow Motor Tax office and the disc was posted back to you. I didn't know if that was still the case.

OK, they have been issuing discs in the Bray Motor Tax office for as long as it's open as far as I can remember.

Are you thinking of the old town hall days?

murpho999 wrote: »
    OK, they have been issuing discs in the Bray Motor Tax office for as long as it's open as far as I can remember.

Are you thinking of the old town hall days?

Pretty sure I remember a double whammy at the current location about 10 years ago. Failure to get a Tax disc on the spot and then came back out to find my car clamped!! :eek: :mad: I'd parked in the old car park behind where the Chinese Restaurant is now with a Valid council parking disc not realising that this part of the car park was actually controlled by a 3rd party clamping company and so my council disc was invalid there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

The last time I renewed in that office was about 2 years ago and they didn't give the disk on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

If you tax online you can print out receipt/ confirmation after payment, if you are worried about NCT asking about tax

dennyire wrote: »
    If you tax online you can print out receipt/ confirmation after payment, if you are worried about NCT asking about tax

Just did it online there both because Foxy said its still the case that you don't get the disc on the spot and because the rest of the folks said the NCT don't care anyway. Will have the receipt in the glovebox anyway now.

Thanks All! :)

Advertisement