Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre change Limerick

• 02-06-2018 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

My rear tyres need to be changed soon.

Any good tyre shop in Limerick city where they have Michellin primacy tyre and change / balance the new tyres?

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

My rear tyres need to be changed soon.

Any good tyre shop in Limerick city where they have Michellin primacy tyre and change / balance the new tyres?

Any recommendations?

Give Mid West tyres a call (061) 414 000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Cool.

How's Ballysimon tyres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Cool.

How's Ballysimon tyres?

I've not used them, should be fine. Before you go anywhere, as I've learned from my own experience check around for prices, especially for premium.

Oponeo.ie is offering great prices with free home delivery.

What's the usual price to fit and balance 2 tyres? Wondering if this would be a cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 raabbles

Cool.

How's Ballysimon tyres?

I prefer them over midwest. Had issues with midwest not sealing tires right after getting them fitted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Victory tyres every time for years myself

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

I find Brendan Walsh up in Roxboro Shopping Center Does a good job, good fella to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Oponeo.ie is offering great prices with free home delivery.

What's the usual price to fit and balance 2 tyres? Wondering if this would be a cheaper option.

Bought my last set (4) of 18" run-flats from the UK, a company called 'camskill'.

Saved almost 100 quid PER CORNER. But... found it very hard to get them fitted. No one wants to fit tyres you sourced yourself!!!

Well one did. So, PM me for that info!

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    I find Brendan Walsh up in Roxboro Shopping Center Does a good job, good fella to deal with.

Pretty sure Brendan was the main man in mid-west tyres before going out on his own? Had a few dealings with him, no complaints.

sioda wrote: »
    Victory tyres every time for years myself

Paul is a neighbour and a very decent bloke, if a little pricey, compared to some. But... he doesn't like to fit cheap 'ditch finders' so is always gonna seem more expensive.

And no, he's not the one who fitted my 4 x EX-UK run flats! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Hooked wrote:
    Saved almost 100 quid PER CORNER. But... found it very hard to get them fitted. No one wants to fit tyres you sourced yourself!!!

Limerick Tyre Centre, Raheen, certainly will as will Brendan Walsh.

Thanks all.

But is it much difference in rates purchasing tyres online vs in local shop?

Thanks all.

But is it much difference in rates purchasing tyres online vs in local shop?

Yes. I have found there are significant savings to be made even after factoring the cost of fitting at a depot, as much as 30-40 euro for a 15" set. The online stores also have a much better selection to choose from. Openeo, Eiretyres, Camskill, Tyreleader and Pneus are the main ones.

So you save 30 euros per tyre or for a set of 4, when you buy online?
    chicorytip wrote: »
    Yes. I have found there are significant savings to be made even after factoring the cost of fitting at a depot, as much as 30-40 euro for a 15" set. The online stores also have a much better selection to choose from. Openeo, Eiretyres, Camskill, Tyreleader and Pneus are the main ones.

I have taken pic of my front tyre.

2cyjiwn.jpg

I am not sure if they are run flats or just tubeless?

Model :
    Kumho Ecsta HS51
    225/50 ZR17 98W XL with rim protection ridge (FSL)

These are on front 2 tyres, dealer said rear tyres got 3.5mm tread left so I can wait 4 months (due now) and change them in summer. Do I get same brand for rear tyres? Because at present I have Kumho on front 2 tyres and Michellin primacy tyres on rear ends.

Thanks

So you save 30 euros per tyre or for a set of 4, when you buy online?

These are on front 2 tyres, dealer said rear tyres got 3.5mm tread left so I can wait 4 months (due now) and change them in summer. Do I get same brand for rear tyres? Because at present I have Kumho on front 2 tyres and Michellin primacy tyres on rear ends.

No, that's in total, not per tyre! I would buy four new ones now rather than wait. If not, switch the two Michelins to the front and buy two new tyres and fit them to the rear. Front tyres wear out faster than rear. Ideally, it's better to have all your tyres of the same type and manufacturer rather than two different brands such as you have at present.

Ok then it's not a huge difference in price.
    Actually front Kumho tyres are new and rear ones are Michellin with 3.5mm tread left.
    I believe my car is rear wheel drive, is it still front tyres that wear out faster?
    No, that's in total, not per tyre! I would buy four new ones now rather than wait. If not, switch the two Michelins to the front and buy two new tyres and fit them to the rear. Front tyres wear out faster than rear. Ideally, it's better to have all your tyres of the same type and manufacturer rather than two different brands such as you have at present.

Ok then it's not a huge difference in price. Actually front Kumho tyres are new and rear ones are Michellin with 3.5mm tread left. I believe my car is rear wheel drive, is it still front tyres that wear out faster?

Ok then it's not a huge difference in price. Actually front Kumho tyres are new and rear ones are Michellin with 3.5mm tread left. I believe my car is rear wheel drive, is it still front tyres that wear out faster?

What make and model is your car?

2015 Benz C class. Pic below :

23kau82.jpg
    What make and model is your car?

• Advertisement

That might make a difference, i'm not really sure. It's a lovely car. If I was the owner I would be investing in a full set of a premium brand tyre. Kuhmo does not fall into that particular category.

My dealer messed it up, I gave my car for yearly service and trusted the dealer, he said he needs to put 2 new front tyres, I said to go ahead and when I got the car at home later it was dark. Realised next day it's not Michellin, now I am stuck with 2 new Kumho front tyres. Only option is to use these Kumho for 20k then go back to Michellin primacy, they are class.
    That might make a difference, i'm not really sure. It's a lovely car. If I was the owner I would be investing in a full set of a premium brand tyre. Kuhmo does not fall into that particular category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

2015 Benz C class. Pic below :

http://i63.tinypic.com/23kau82.jpg
    Fanore?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Paul in Victory Tyres worth a shout! He couldnt get the tyres I wanted but offered to fit them.

A lot of places dont give a crap about your alloy wheels - but Victory tyres didnt destroy mine like others have done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Mc Love wrote: »
    Paul in Victory Tyres worth a shout! He couldnt get the tyres I wanted but offered to fit them.

Another vote for Victory Tyres here too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Ha! Eagles eye :D
    h3000 wrote: »
    Fanore?

Any reviews from Mid West tyres or Ballysimon tyres?

Don't want scratches on the alloys.

How much Victory tyres charged to replace?

A lot of places dont give a crap about your alloy wheels - but Victory tyres didnt destroy mine like others have done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Any reviews from Mid West tyres or Ballysimon tyres?

Don't want scratches on the alloys.

How much Victory tyres charged to replace?

The usual price is 15 a corner

Thanks Mac

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote:

10 euro in Limerick Tyre Centre Raheen.

Advertisement