Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my son was abducted a week ago - please advise

Options
  • 02-06-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Background:
    I have been married in 2007 and the same year, my wife arrived to Ireland to live with me; my son was 3mths old that time. At present my son is 11. I have got a legal "battle" since Jan 2018 with my wife. Initially my wife got protection order in Jan 2018. Then she sued me for the safety order (hearing 15 Mar 2018). Then she claimed interim barring order (I got the letter 20 Mar 2018) and finally full barring order (hearing 18 May 2018). The full Barring order threshold was not reached according to the judge but she reached the safety order for 3 years. This was my first win as she did what she wanted in order to destroy my. Since last 6 mths I was arrested 5 times for the alleged breach of protection order 2x/interim barring order2x/safety order1x. She uses all the smallest reason to call the Gardai and subsequently I get arrested.

At Present:
    After the case on 18 May 2018, I was in my house twice: on Sat 19 May and on Wed 23 May. On Sat she called the Garda again for that I knocked at the door too loudly and she felt unsafe. On Wed, I recorded on video my call and all was fine. Took my son for a walk and leisure.

On Fri, 25 May, I went to Dublin for 3 days as I work on shifts. From Friday my son didn't reply mobile, landline, whatsup, mails - tried maybe 30 time over 3 days. No luck. On Monday I informed Garda and was told that my wife and son were placed in Womens Refugee Camp in secret place. I said that I am still father and want to see my son as he was taken illegaly from my sight. I was told to go to solicitor. My solicitor said that next Family Law case happens on 19 Jul 2018, which is in 49 days' time. She said I might not see my son by then.

Conclusion:
    I feel that my rights were breached as my son was taken from me without any notice. This is at least civil offence. I was on to the school principal who told me that my son is not appearing at school either. My son had great relation with me so do I have with him and being in isolated place, can have huge impact on his mind. I rand TUSLA 5 times and recorded my message to the machine asking for help. To no avail.

Question:
    what other options/rights do I have in order to see my son? I plan to go in person to TUSLA headquarter on Tuesday and ask face to face for help. I plan also inform german Embassy (son was born in Berlin) about my child abduction as from my perspective child was abducted. My next step will be informing the Ministry of Justice, Equity and Law Reform. I am looking for advice as now my wife uses my son as retaliation against me and as a weapon making harm to him as well. Waiting 49 days is too much guys, it must be other way to see him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

One of the major difficulties facing immigrants from non EU countries is the culture shock that is family law in Western Europe.
    OP your child is safe where he is. This is very distressing for you but if you try to force rights that you simply do not have then it will be increasingly unlikely that you will see your son soon.
    Co operate with the authorities. Remain calm and polite in all your dealings with TUSLA and the justice system .
    A judge has decided that your wife is the sole carer of your son at this moment in time.
    Your son misses you and hopes to see you soon too, I’m sure. Keep cool and co operate in order to make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    You already have a solicitor who will advise you.
    Legal advice not available on this forum and therefore am closing thread
    Some good commonsense remarks from Splinter85
    Good luck
    Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement