Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garden Pond Help

• 02-06-2018 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Looking for some help. Recently moved into a new house that has a pond (no previous experience with ponds). It is 16,000 litre and has lots of fish in it (maybe 40?), possibly gold fish. As the weather began to warm the water has turned green and on hot days it smells a little. There is a green box with a UV light and no pump at the side of the pond (used to filter the water?). I followed the wire coming out of the green box into the ground but it just ended, wasn't connected to anything so Im not sure when it last worked.

I know the long term solution is to buy a new filter pump, but with just moving funds are tight. Is there a shorter term solution to getting rid of the green colour?

Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Yeah, pop into your local pet/fish shop and buy algae cleaner solution (that's a quickie) some barley straw in onion netting floating in the pond helps long term....but if you can get some small air pump and pump air into the water it clears it fairly well, but main thing is to keep the water moving, you could buy a small pump for 20 odd quid on amazon... if you want to keep the pond and fish and don't have the bobs, just find some way of getting air into it and moving the water about, I started a life long pond hobby with something like you have just found, I just ran a hose (weighted)from the tap and poured fresh water in for months, until I got the money to set the whole thing up proper, now I have 12 koi about 20 yrs old and a sight to behold on a summer night with a beer in me hand.

Advertisement