If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55B7V and accompanying soundbar

Options
  • 02-06-2018 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Hi RS team,

I've got my eye on one of your LG OLED55B7V's and a budget of €400-€500 for a companion soundbar.

What's the best "Boardsie Bank Holiday" (:D) deal you can provide?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
    Madds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Snipped by Mod, please see Charter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Thanks Rondeco, that's good to hear. Did you happen to also buy a soundbar with it and if not, what's the sound like from the TV on its own?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

madds wrote: »
    Thanks Rondeco, that's good to hear. Did you happen to also buy a soundbar with it and if not, what's the sound like from the TV on its own?
    Hi madds,

The 55B7 actually has very impressive sound on it's own. I have been trying out the sound settings and it has a depth to it that's missing from most other flat screen TVs. It wouldn't be as good as a soundbar though which will give better bass and a bigger sound.

Around that budget I would recommend something like the Yamaha YSP1600 at 399 euro:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201631-black-315147.aspx

The Yamahas really are fantastic soundbars. I would highly recommend the YSP2700 as this has a wireless subwoofer as well as a much meatier sound but it is a bit beyond the budget at 679 euro.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Rondeco,

Please take a moment to read the Charter, queries here are for Richersounds to answer, offering your opinion or advice is not appropriate.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

Will ye offer the same 5% off the LG 55" Oled B7 with voucher code WC5 as advertised on https://www.richersounds.com/promotions/worldcup-tvs/lg-oled55b7v.html ?

• Advertisement

Will ye offer the same 5% off the LG 55" Oled B7 with voucher code WC5 as advertised on  https://www.richersounds.com/promotions/worldcup-tvs/lg-oled55b7v.html  ?
    Hi spiller9020,

We can do the 5% discount on the £1499 sterling price. The Euro price has no further discount.

Kind regards

David

Hi Kenny,

I'll go with the OLED55B7V and YSP1600 in silver please which totals €2,097. Note I'll also require a wall bracket and looking at your site the only option I see is the Sanus VLL5.

I'll PM you now with my number.

Cheers,
    John

Hi Kenny,

I'll go with the OLED55B7V and YSP1600 in silver please which totals €2,097. Note I'll also require a wall bracket and looking at your site the only option I see is the Sanus VLL5.

Cheers,
    John
    Hi John.

The VLL5 will fit it with no issues. There really isn't another flat wall mount that would suit.

Its priced at 48.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12678-vll5.aspx

Hi Kenny,

Cheers,
    John
    Hi John.

The VLL5 will fit it with no issues. There really isn't another flat wall mount that would suit.

Its priced at 48.99 Euro
    Hi Kenny,

I spoke with a colleague of yours over the phone on Tuesday morning to arrange payment. I asked if it would be possible to schedule the delivery for tomorrow (Friday) as I'm working from home plus it would be nice to have the new set for the weekend (Ire/Aus rugby match etc.)

Are you in a position to confirm if delivery will reach me tomorrow? Thanks.

Hi Kenny,

Cheers,
    John
    Hi John.

Its priced at 48.99 Euro
    Hi Kenny,

I spoke with a colleague of yours over the phone on Tuesday morning to arrange payment. I asked if it would be possible to schedule the delivery for tomorrow (Friday) as I'm working from home plus it would be nice to have the new set for the weekend (Ire/Aus rugby match etc.)

Are you in a position to confirm if delivery will reach me tomorrow? Thanks.
    Hi Madds.

I have dropped an email to the courier to double check for you.

I'll come back to you ASAP.

• Advertisement

Morning Kenny, any joy with the courier yet?

Just got a call from your office to say the courier will be out to me between 2 and 5 today which is great!

Morning Kenny, any joy with the courier yet?
    Hi Madds,

Our mail order team should have been in contact with an ETA this morning?

Please let me know of you have any issues.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.