Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get goat's butter in Ireland?

Options
  • 02-06-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I found some stors in the UK, but 0 in Ireland.

Anyone has any idea ?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,073 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There was a thread years ago, maybe some of the information is still relevant.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056458007&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Whereabouts are you? I've seen it in health food shops in Cork.. So I assume other parts of the country will have the same.. 😀

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nemecis

I'm in Lucan area, Dublin.
    Checked that post, but it's about 6 years old. Will check at M&S at Liffet Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Nemecis wrote: »
    I'm in Lucan area, Dublin.
    Checked that post, but it's about 6 years old. Will check at M&S at Liffet Valley.

There's a lad selling his own goat meat at the temple bar food market every Saturday. I'm sure he'd point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Contact Dizzy Goat Farm. They might be able to sort you out. You’ll find their website via google

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'm 99% sure I saw goats milk butter in M&S in Newry but that might be too far for you to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Been a little while since I looked, but the Green Door in Newmarket have a pantry and they might be a possibility. I know they had lambs milk yogurt at one point so goats butter might be a good bet. FYI, they are moving in a few weeks to Long Mile Road iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It actually is very easy to make butter from goat's milk.

I had a goat for many years and made butter and cheese, soft and hard, with no special equipment.

Take your pick from google...

They advocate adding a natural dye as the butter comes out white .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I can confirm that the green door pantry have goats butter as I looked today. They are relocating in about 2 weeks to the Old Naas Road across from Homebase which might be a bit closer for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭treenytru

saw some yesterday in M&S in jervis shopping centre...125g 2.20euro. pic attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Our local SuperValu has goat's butter. Made by Delamere Dairy which seems to be a UK dairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Our local SuperValu has goat's butter. Made by Delamere Dairy which seems to be a UK dairy

Just saw this in SuperValu in Bray, and remembered someone on boards was looking for some :)

Advertisement