Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking Lights

Options
  • 02-06-2018 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

I purchased decking lights in B&Q approx 10 years ago. They have stopped working and I am looking to replace. The lights I have are 70mm diameter with a cut out hole of 56mm or 58mm. I am struggling to find replacements that fit the existing cut out hole?

Any suggestions on replacements or alternative solution? Cheers.

This is the only info I have on the lights I have.
    BY5Vhif.jpg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,460 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would just look for 70mm decking lights, these are likely to have the same size hole as yours.
    I’d assume you’ll be changing out the transformer too anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I would just look for 70mm decking lights, these are likely to have the same size hole as yours.
    I’d assume you’ll be changing out the transformer too anyway.

Yes I will be changing the transformer as the lights are not available in B&Q anymore.

Struggling to find 70mm decking lights to be honest. Finding 30mm, 45mm & 60mm with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,460 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Micromark do them

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Micromark do them

Cheers. I had actually come across them on one website but it is out of stock and was unable to find them on another.

https://www.buyaparcel.com/p/uncategorized/micromark-twilight-66-70mm-white-led-decking-plinth-kitchen-lighting-kit-10-185582/

Any suggestions on suppliers?

sgarvan wrote: »
    Cheers. I had actually come across them on one website but it is out of stock and was unable to find them on another.

https://www.buyaparcel.com/p/uncategorized/micromark-twilight-66-70mm-white-led-decking-plinth-kitchen-lighting-kit-10-185582/

Any suggestions on suppliers?

Contacted buyaparcel and they tell me this item is discontinued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Robus should do them.

Robus should do them.

Robus ground lights are 60mm diameter.

Came across these while searching.

ML Accessories Knightsbridge LEDGL5.

https://www.mlaccessories.co.uk/product/1424001/230v-ip65-5w-led-stainless-steel-recessed-ground-light-3500k

Anyone know anything about them? Or if there is a stockist in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Just to give an alternative approach.... when you say they have stopped working....
    Have they all stopped?
    Is it just the power supply thats goosed? Might it be better to just replace that?

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Just to give an alternative approach.... when you say they have stopped working....
    Have they all stopped?
    Is it just the power supply thats goosed? Might it be better to just replace that?

Cheers for the suggestion. The LEDs in my lights are rusted and some have even disintegrated.

• Advertisement

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Have they all stopped?

Cheers for the suggestion. The LEDs in my lights are rusted and some have even disintegrated.

Another option I am thinking is replacing 2 planks and getting rid of the current lights and putting in a new set of common sized spot lights.

Advertisement