Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Japanese PS3 - is it valuable?

Options
  • 02-06-2018 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

So I just googled my PS3 model number to see if it's backwards compatible (was planning on giving it to my sister so she could play her old PS2 Singstar games) and found out it's one of the original Japanese models - CECH-B00.

They seem relatively rare but I've upgraded the hard drive and replaced the laser on the blu-ray drive over the years so not sure how much that affects its appeal to potential buyers. Would appreciate an opinion from anyone who knows more about these things.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't know how much it's worth tbh.
    I've a few rarer PS consoles and I never heard that the 20gb PS3 from Jpn was particularly rare.
    It has hardware backwards compatibility but I'm not sure if it's region locked to jpn PS2 games.
    How much is a bog standard PS3 going for?
    The risk of that gen is that it'll just fail, as my EU launch PS3 did, with no way back.

Sure stick it on Adverts and see what happens, is it retro now, if so it could go in the Marketplace there in the Arcade and Retro subforum.

Advertisement