Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Michael Buble autotuned?

• 02-06-2018 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Just listening to somr live performance on tv3 and the guy may as well be that guy that autoreads text on your computer.

I've checked out a few fora on other sites.

1. Some say it's added live as he sings.
    2. Others say they treat it after the concert.
    3. And others say... no autotune he just had good pitching!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Ah, I always thought he was a bit robotic!!

Seriously though, a crooner would hardly be a candidate for using auto tune unless they are basically shïte to begin with.

The stuff he does is not that melodically challenging that he'd need it, I would have thought.

You could suspect the same about any modern artist though.

Auto tune was popular for boy bands in getting the harmonies right, apparently it's giveaway live and on record was a kind of a "honking" sound you'd end up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Of course he can sing, but it's such that ppl don't want to listen to real voices anymore because they got so used to that autotune feel that they got used to through crap pop music listened to through electronic devices..

Advertisement