Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycliq fly 6 date/time setup

Options
  • 03-06-2018 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Recently got a fly 6 which records everything really well, but I can't get the date/time to set up. I've changed the config file, set the 0 to a 1 and saved it in the root directory. It all looks good at this stage. I remove the camera from the computer, power it up and when I refit it to the computer the date hasn't updated. Looking at the config again, the date/time is what I set, but the 1 is now a 0 again. The recording plays properly but always with a default date/time.
    Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

It's a good sign that it is flipping the 1 back to 0 - at least it is processing the file.

Maybe there is a small mistake in the timestamp format you are using?

MMM DD YYYY HH:MM:SS

so

Jun 03 2018 07:49:00

3-digit month and 2-digit day-of-month. I only do this twice a year, but it does work for me.

Maybe your editor has inserted other rubbish into the file. You could have it generate the original CONFIG.TXT file again by formatting the sd-card, inserting it back into the Fly6, turn it on and off again and it will have recreated a clean directory and file structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elric

In my experience, it doesn't update the time in CONFIG.TXT. The only way to check the time was set is to record a quick video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

elric wrote: »
    In my experience, it doesn't update the time in CONFIG.TXT. The only way to check the time was set is to record a quick video.

I've recorded a video each time, but it is still the same result. The date/time stays as the data I input, but the 1 reverts to a 0

coward wrote: »
    It's a good sign that it is flipping the 1 back to 0 - at least it is processing the file.

Maybe there is a small mistake in the timestamp format you are using?

MMM DD YYYY HH:MM:SS

so

Jun 03 2018 07:49:00

3-digit month and 2-digit day-of-month. I only do this twice a year, but it does work for me.

Maybe your editor has inserted other rubbish into the file. You could have it generate the original CONFIG.TXT file again by formatting the sd-card, inserting it back into the Fly6, turn it on and off again and it will have recreated a clean directory and file structure.

I'll try that. I'm sure the spacing is correct, but it's worth another look. Thanks

coward wrote: »

Tried this and hey presto it now works properly! Thank you. If I look at the text in the text editor, the 0 is still set to a 0, but it now has the correct date and time on my videos. I might just change it to UTC so I don't have to change it twice a year :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement