Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best hairdresser for curly hair - Dublin

Options
  • 28-05-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Mods, please feel free to move to Dublin City forum if this is more suitable, but thought I'd start here.

I have very very thick curly hair (I need to use special thick hair bobbins to tie it up!) which is long, down to my armpits when curly, so much longer when blowdried straight.

I'm finding it quite difficult to manage, because it is so thick, it is nice when it's styled curly naturally but takes a lot of time and that's not something I have in the mornings before work - going on a night out is OK. I never blowdry or straighten it, only when I go to the hairdresser. Tying it up results in the dreaded 'triangle' ponytail because it's so thick in the middle, I don't feel like my current hairdresser is cutting the layers right because it is so thick in the middle.

I am looking to get quite a dramatic change done, cutting it up to my shoulders, which I have done before but the hairdresser who did it is no longer about. I also need it recoloured (red all over).

Any recommendations for someone who will cut my hair with my curls in mind, to help it to be more manageable post-washing? And do a nice colour? I am willing to pay for it but ideally don't want to be paying crazy money for every cut - I'll pay well for the first cut and hopefully find maybe a cheaper place/stylist within the same salon to maintain it every 6-8 weeks.

Natural Cut etc won't work for me, I want a colour and tbh the thing I most look forward to at the hairdressers is my chance to have a lovely blowdry for the few times a year I do go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lorridobs

I have very curly hair too and have struggled to find someone who can deal with it. I go to Alan keville off grafton street. Alan does my cut and he’s very good with curly hair, really knows what he’s doing and how it will behave when it’s not wet.
    the woman that used to do my colour there has since left but the woman who did it last time was great too (can’t remember her name). I have naturally red/auburn hair which has been even harder to get someone to do properly but they’ve been great in kevilles.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Sile Na Gig

Joy in Whetstone on Parliament Street is amazing. I live overseas and always wait to get my hair cut by her. I was put on to her by a friend who also has curly hair. She’s pricey but worth every penny. The shape lasts for ages too...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Without a doubt, this is the best person to go to for curly hair. http://www.thecurlylook.com

I went to him earlier this year and my hair is great since. I also have a friend that goes there. Now, you'll wait a bit for an appointment, but he's worth it. He won't colour it though but I just go elsewhere for a colour. It's the cut that's the most important

Advertisement