Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to have two current accounts

• 03-06-2018 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I'm going abroad in September and wanted to know if it was possible to open two current accounts with same bank just in case I end up getting my card swallowed in ATM or lost so I will be able to transfer all the money from one account to the other so I won't be stuck

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

I'm going abroad in September and wanted to know if it was possible to open two current accounts with same bank just in case I end up getting my card swallowed in ATM or lost so I will be able to transfer all the money from one account to the other so I won't be stuck

You will be paying 2 bank charges and 2 government card yearly taxes...

Maybe get a Revolut debut card- it’s free and perfect for foreign currency as it keeps them separate from euros.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Yearly tax is no more on debit cards - it's a 12 cent duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I have two current accounts with AIB, admittly differrent branches, so yes it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jamesyboid88

I ordered a N26 card. Thanks for the help

Advertisement