Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai i40 coolant issue

Options
  • 03-06-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys , I'm hoping someone can help me here.
    I have an i40 that is losing coolant somewhere, but theres no trace of it.

Rad has been changed twice.

Bottom rad hose has been changed twice

Reservoir is losing coolant overnight.

The car has never boiled over on me and the engine oil is not a milky colour.

Any more questions , please ask.
    I'm hoping one of you can point me in the right direction.

Cheers lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

CJG1981 wrote: »
    Hi guys , I'm hoping someone can help me here.
    I have an i40 that is losing coolant somewhere, but theres no trace of it.

Rad has been changed twice.

Bottom rad hose has been changed twice

Reservoir is losing coolant overnight.

The car has never boiled over on me and the engine oil is not a milky colour.

Any more questions , please ask.
    I'm hoping one of you can point me in the right direction.

Cheers lads.

If you have no obvious leak it’s going to have to be internal. Doesn’t always have to be water in the oil or under the cap for the head to be gone on it. It could also possible fail the opposite way. You need a mechanic to do the sniff test on it and c are there any gases in the exhaust or coolant bottle.
    On a side note has the system being pressurized without the engine running and every hose and joint checked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Had this before on a car where the water pump was leaking ever so slightly.It evaporated when it leaked from the pump onto the engine.Extremely hard to detect.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sam ford

hi, some i40's had cyl head bolts that were slighty too long and leaving cyl head ever slightly under torqued, leaked out coolant under cyl head, worth checking,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Just wondering if the Op had any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CJG1981

Just wondering if the Op had any update on this?
    It ended up that there was a hole in the new rad also. So I brought it back to garage and they put in another new one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement