Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch pad+usb ports not working.

Options
  • 03-06-2018 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Lenovo laptop all of a sudden the cursor has disappeared and usb ports aren't recognising a mouse.
    I've tried to reset the laptop using the keys but I always get to a point where I need to click on something to proceed but can't without the cursor.
    Any way around this?
    Also getting this message.
    2m76mw2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Might be a bad memory module. Can you boot into safe mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

blade1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've tried to reset the laptop using the keys but I always get to a point where I need to click on something to proceed but can't without the cursor.
    Any way around this?
    Use TAB key to move trough "clickable" buttons(SHIFT+TAB to go back), then ENTER once correct option highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thanks lads, I got the cursor back by pressing f8.
    I was then able to restore to an earlier point.
    Laptop is working fine again but windows does play up a lot on it and I only have it around 8 months.
    Fairly annoying.

Advertisement