Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer online data from old ps3 hard drive to another PS3.

Options
  • 03-06-2018 12:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I got a new playstation 3 my old one is finished.

I still have the hard drive can i transfer that data to my new ps3 for online gaming.

So i tried to put that hard drive in the new ps3 but will not work without a format

Is there anyway i can transfer that data and how do i do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Online progress for multiplayer games is stored online. Sign into your account on the new PS3 and it's there. You'll still need to download and install your games to the new PS3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Evade wrote: »
    Online progress for multiplayer games is stored online. Sign into your account on the new PS3 and it's there. You'll still need to download and install your games to the new PS3.

Thanks for the reply ages since i played online, and i signed as my username but there is none of my stats associated online, and will have to start from scratch.

What stats?

What stats?

It's an online EA game so you have a record of wins losses and you get points to add to your stats as you go. Also you have created characters they are not available.

Is there anything that can be done with the old hard drive as i believe it's in full working order

There's no way of transferring the data from it to a new PS3. Did you have PS+?

• Advertisement

There's no way of transferring the data from it to a new PS3. Did you have PS+?
    **** i didn't so i will have to start at the beginning again.

Advertisement