Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best beer gardens in the city?

Options
  • 03-06-2018 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

As per title, can anyone recommend a good beer garden to bring a visitor to Galway to?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Depends on age/music taste etc but Jury's Inn is nice in the sun. No music and best in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

We were just asking ourselves that in Salthill. I couldn't think of any but The Cottage which is now a B&B.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

We were just asking ourselves that in Salthill. I couldn't think of any but The Cottage which is now a B&B.

I think O'Reilly's has a roof garden now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I think O'Reilly's has a roof garden now.

That was only open for a week or so last year before it was closed because they don't have planning permission to use the roof terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

PJs has one. Its better now they've done the place up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

When did they do up PJ's??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

O’Connells Eyre Square is really nice. I think The Dough Bros truck is in it now too.

Here's a list of the top 7

http://thisisgalway.ie/galways-best-beer-gardens/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

O connells

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

I third O'Connells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Murtys ain't bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Carrolls on Dominic street has a good one . Though I left there before over really slow service and pizza remnants lefts everywhere !!

O connolls is very good,as is the pucan

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Curly head

Not in the city but Mchughs on the Tuam rd is really classy. Just reopened under new management

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd say for a visitor, O Connell's would be the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

An Pucan's is very nice too .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭spurshero

Crowes is nice . Good bbq s as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

dok_golf wrote: »

I haven't been in there for ages, well before the Cottage closed. I'd be curious to poke the head in. But is there any beer selection at all in there? I remember it being a bit crusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

dok_golf wrote: »

Major paint job over the last few months. I think there's some internal partitions gone too. Beer garden not nearly as grotty as it was either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭spurshero

[snipped]

Pretty strong stuff for a public viewing and personally think your way out of order.its a business that is well over 100 years on the go and pretty scummy to single out one unfortunate incident that caused a lot of upset to a lot of people .i Won’t be saying anymore so reply if you want . I don’t really care .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

spurshero wrote: »
    Pretty strong stuff for a public viewing and personally think your way out of order.its a business that is well over 100 years on the go and pretty scummy to single out one unfortunate incident that caused a lot of upset to a lot of people .i Won’t be saying anymore so reply if you want . I don’t really care .

true, i apologise, it is not a comment for public viewing. i have deleted it. sorry for any offence caused

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please keep this thread to recommendations for beer garden only

• Advertisement
Advertisement